• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 600BQ. Good, bad, ugly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

Just wondering, as I'm gonna be putting my system together next week after an entire year of waiting, and I keep hearing that it's not the best of units, especially for gaming. I'm putting a Ryzen 3 1200, a 1050Ti, and 8GB of 3000MHz RAM in here, most just playing emulators and Minecraft. Even if it isn't a great unit, how likely am I to overstress it?

Not sure what "gaming" has to do with it... a psu is a psu dude.

As far as quality goes, look up a review and see. Iirc, its a decent unit, certainly not tier 1 or great. Serviceable so its fine.

That system wont break 250w.. so, you wont stress it at all woth a 600w unit.

I was thinking that if you're gaming, you're drawing more power, and therefore putting more stress on the unit, which could cause any issues with the internals to show through a bit more easily.

Reviews have been a mixed bag. Some say they wouldn't put it anywhere near anything more than an office PC, others say you could throw a 1070 at it and it wouldn't notice. That's why I'm kind of confused. From what I've read, it's an Andyson unit, that's something a lot of the opposing reviews use as a key reason not to use this particular PSU. I checked JonnyGuru and couldn't find a review for this unit, only the 750W.

A load is a load no matter what, really.

Im sure it will be more than fine for what you are doing. It isnt a tier 1 and wont catch your pc on fire. ;)

Back