• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H stats in your sig: not just for Linux anymore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Before you set the task, you should run mksig.pl and just make sure that your sig is being created successfully. If you have tested that, then you should go on to creating the task entry.

Once you have the task created, you need to right click on it and select properties. Then click on the schedule tab, then click on the advanced button - this will tell the task how often the task should repeat.

Christoph said:
It's beta testing time!
I think that my length tester works correctly, but I want some beta testing done.

Cool, I get drunk one night, come back the next day and find more code to play with. Bwuahaha~ I'll check it out, after the movies. Great job once again.

edit: Woah. You brought skip back from the dead. Cool trick.

Yeah, I was surprised by the turnout. Different color people responding, it was kinda cool :)0 Seems like they're giving the OK for ASCII sigs, but the 800x600 resolution might stay (blah).

edit2: I should also note that the script does no kind of checking how the sig will look at 800x600. Instead it assumes you have an infinitely wide monitor. I've got one. They're pretty cool.

I gotta get me one of these!

Last edited:
Ok, attached is the output from sig_check.pl v0.21. All lines are size=1 in the sig, which should correspond to 0.75 points each

Attachments

• sigcheck.jpg
    sigcheck.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
And here's the sig file

Code:
    while ($line ne "") {
      #size_open, /\[size=(\d*)\]/i
      if ($line =~ /^\[size=(\d*)\]/i) {

$line =~ s/^\[size=(\d*)\]//i;
        $size_tag = $1;
        print "found a size tag on line $curr_line: $size_tag\n" if $debug;

#size 1 = .75 points
        #size 2 = 1 point
        #size 3 = 1.5 points

if ($size_tag == 1) {
          $curr_size_tag = .75;
        } elsif ($size_tag == 2) {
          $curr_size_tag = 1;
          } elsif ($size_tag == 3) {
          $curr_size_tag = 1.5;
        } else {
          print "Warning: large size tag found on line $curr_line: $size_tag\n";
	  $curr_size_tag = 1.5;
          $curr_size += 100;
        }

$using_tag_size = 1;
        [color=yellow]$curr_size = max($curr_size_tag, $size_tag);[/color]
        $size_state = $curr_size_tag;

the $curr_size_tag = 0.75, and the $size=tag = 1. sub max checks which one is bigger, is returning "1", and the print "line size is $curr_size\n" is outputting "1" rather than "0.75"... unless i'm trippin out and that line is not size=1?

Attachments

• sig.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Clean_Baldy said:
I just realized that my computer isnt updating when it runs the program...

the numbers keep staying the same.

Any ideas?

Can you post your sig_gen file? I'm not sure if your stats are pulling from EOC's html page or the xml page, but yeah it seems like you're sig is 50 WUs outdated. Good Lord, you have more points this week than I have TOTAL. :drool:

Last edited:
FizzledFiend said:
test it how? I know less about codeing as i do women and god knows they are elusive to me.

i see a blank space below the quotes in your sig, so i'm assuming that's where you're trying to put your folding stats. is this correct?

to test in real-time, just navigate to c:\mksig and run mksig.pl. you can either do this from the command line in windows via start -> run -> cmd, through the actual run window and c:\mksig/mksig.pl, or just double click on the mksig.pl file in windows explorer. mksig.pl will then do it's dance, and you'll see the output onscreen. if it's going haywire, something's probably coded wrong in your sig_gen.pl file. if it seemed to go smoothly, go the ocforums.com and see if your sig printed out correctly.

if you say you know little about coding, you might have a hard time getting started editing sig_gen.pl with the information you'd like to show, in the format you'd like to show it. in this case, i'd sit around a bit and wait for christoph to post a nice, generic sig_gen.pl that everyone will love. then all you'd have to do is download that, follow the instructions for modifying it, then you'll be on your way with your super sig stats.

when you're confident your sig isn't going to mess up in the middle of the day, you can have task manager update your sig automatically.

christoph's has a new handy-dandy sig size checker in beta, called sig_check.pl. sig_check.pl will check the "sig" file in your c:\mksig directory to see if it complies with the forum signature rules. you'll have to download itinto your c:\mksig directory, run it through the command line (again, start -> run -> type "cmd" -> type "cd\mksig" -> type "sig_check.pl sig") and see what the final line says. you'll want the final thing to say, "your sig size seems to be 10", since the rules say we get 10 points for our sig size.

if the output line doesn't seem right to you, type "c:\mksig\sig_check.pl sig 1" so that it'll show you what it's thinking while it's thinking it. if you think it's buggy (its still beta), post a screenshot like i did, as well as the "sig" file (rename it to sig.txt and attach, or host it outside).

Last edited:
LOL where am i suppose to put this code?in my sig.log I have this
Code:
sig for 02/04/2005, 07:34 is:

sig for 02/04/2005, 15:00 is:

sig for 02/05/2005, 05:00 is:

sig for 02/05/2005, 08:06 is:

Thats just a log that shows when and what was submitted as your sig. Evidently your sig_gen.pl isnt working correctly. You can do 1 of 2 things here:

1. You can read thru this whole thread to see what you may be doing wrong.

2. You can attach your sig_gen.pl file so those of us here can take a look and see what it is doing wrong.

Some of us can help a little, some alot. Give us a try...:) (I'm only in the little catagory)

added .txt so i could upload it..obviously just drop that off...I never done anything to this so maybe here is where the problem is?
also is there something I am suppose to do in my usercp here on the board?

Attachments

• sig_gen.pl.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 96
JerMe said:
Can you post your sig_gen file? I'm not sure if your stats are pulling from EOC's html page or the xml page, but yeah it seems like you're sig is 50 WUs outdated. Good Lord, you have more points this week than I have TOTAL. :drool:

here is the link to my file:

http://jeff.jonrosensystems.com/sig_gen.pl

when i run it manually, it says "checking to see if sig should be updated:" and it says NO! :(

Hopefully that is a clue to what needs to be fixed :)

Heh. When any of you need to post a sig_gen.pl and have non-homebrew hosting, make sure to rename it to sig_gen.txt so the server doesn't try to run it and send the results.

The sig checker has been fixed (now at v.22), although I ought to be shot for the way I named some of those variables. It should also be a little easier to read through now, if you're into that. Parsing code isn't usually pretty, but I want to take a shot at making it as clean as possible before adding it to mksig.
Also, please post if you've tested it and it works fine.

Download and run sig_check sig in the dir where mksig lives . It will output two lines that look something like this:
sig_checker v.22
Your sig takes up 66 B and seems to be of size 0.75.

but with a different numbers on the second line. To me it looks like it's all at size 1. Your size should be 7.75 if I'm guessing your size correctly. If it's not, run sig_check sig 1 and post your sig here.

Note that blank lines count at size 2 (1 point).

edit: The file is here.

Last edited:
FizzledFiend said:
added .txt so i could upload it..obviously just drop that off...I never done anything to this so maybe here is where the problem is?
also is there something I am suppose to do in my usercp here on the board?

When you go to the c:\mksig directory, the icon for your "sig_gen.pl" file looks like a gekko, right? i just tried your sig_gen.pl file (after chopping off the .txt of course) and it worked on this end.. what files are listed in your c:\mksig directory? if you're using that sig_gen.pl file, then you should have mksig.pl, mksig.conf, sig_gen.pl, sig.log, and sig.

i don't think you need to modify anything in your user profile here, just answer the questions correctly when you first run mksig.pl so that it can access the forums.

Clean_Baldy said:

I can't see it ):0

@Christoph: w00t, sig_checker.pl works for me. It's reporting a size of 11773 bytes, and windows explorer reports 11.4kb.

Last edited:
Back