• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Color for Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Favorite Color for a Case?

• Beige/White

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • Red

Votes: 21 2.2%
  • Green

Votes: 28 2.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 95 9.9%
  • Black

Votes: 482 50.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 184 19.2%
  • Chrome

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 16 1.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 9 0.9%
  • Grey

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • Clear/transparent

Votes: 25 2.6%

• Total voters
I like a nice silver case, although mostly I care about the style and general case quality rather than the color.

Well ... I voted white / beige ... so you can call me boring. :D It's just so much easier to build a white box.

But ... as for custom color ... I really like black in the "hammered" finish that's out there ... Krylon, maybe? Very cool. And standard black bezels compliment it pretty well.

Hmmm ... I think a plan is brewing ...

/me eyes MATX case on the scrap heap :attn:

My current main machine is black with blue window, blue lights, but my favourite combo is black & green.

I thin I'm going to have a go at an industrial-type aluminum case next though. Friend of mine owns a sheet metal business, so would be a fun experiment (and my case materials would be cheap, heh).

ghettocomp said:
until i decided to go Ghetto, now its wood :D
It's only wood because the desk is oak and the computer is now built in.
That's not Ghetto, that's Executive! Well, maybe maple or cherry tops oak... still it's a class above all that mass-produced looking stuff that *shudder* could have just come from a store.

Stumpjumper5200 said:
Remember, you can't cut carbon fiber.....it'll look really messy since it's totally different than from working with metals.

YES you can. Waterjet does a nice job on it.

I used to think black until i got my Super Lanboy. My bro has a Raidmax Scorpio case (the midtower silver one) and it has a glossy finish. My lanboy has the nekkid aluminum finish and you can really see the grain on the metal.

Back