• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my hands on a 830

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have new swiftech watercooling parts on the way and I am pretty sure mine is going to run at 4.1 day in and day out with a good waterblock. If playing Doom is your thing then I think single core would definitely be better. These duals are nice but dam they heat things up.

rlanczos said:
I'm really amazed with the 830, but if we can't get it to work at 4Ghz permanently, is not going to be that fun.

how am i supossed to presume :rolleyes: with a guy running Doom at 80fps with a 670 next to me ?

I know mine it's a dual core, and i cannot be complained :santa: , but we want to kick some asses too, meanwhile, right ? :santa:

4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - :santa: GOD!!!!!!! make us happy

What 670 running doom 3 at 80fps?

My 640 at 4.3G and 5/4 5-2-2-2 and the x800xt at 580/580 will run time demo at 86.9fps on high Quality and 1280x1024, all still on air cooling.

^^ That contraption is so funny. I didn't have the heart to post in there after 4 pages that all he needed to do to solder them together was to preheat the sinks with a Steno or oven burner first. It would take like a 400W iron to solder those things cold...lol.

I ordered this CPU with an ABIT AW8-MAX should be here tomorow night I will post some results with my new watercooler to see how far I can push this little beauty
I don't think I've seen a decent review of this board yet and I don't know why, so please post when you get it installed. I am trying to decide between a 660 and keeping my P5AD2-E or an 830 and that Abit board or P5WD2...

I would love a new dual core system, I'm probably going to wait until the next gen cards come out as well as some further testing, benching and Ocing on these new dual cores :)

I didnt think of the oven burnner, cool, I use an acytelyne torch but the clamp bent the base a bit and needed to be lapped .I will try the burner and 3 xps next. I will try the 2xps with a dual core first chance I get.

here's a little senerio

gigabite solid state HDD
Pentium D
the 7XXX card that just came out
Something like a few of those 74GB raptors and you'll have one crazy a## system lol

warlock110 said:
here's a little senerio

gigabite solid state HDD
Pentium D
the 7XXX card that just came out
Something like a few of those 74GB raptors and you'll have one crazy a## system lol

And a crazy a## receipt and power bill, too.

Sjaak said:
And a crazy a## receipt and power bill, too.

hey, if you're willing to drop the ball for 2 X 6800GT and a 350+ dollar CPU then i don't think what i came up with was out of the question, obviously we're going for the best stuff here.

Ross said:
^^ That contraption is so funny. I didn't have the heart to post in there after 4 pages that all he needed to do to solder them together was to preheat the sinks with a Steno or oven burner first. It would take like a 400W iron to solder those things cold...lol.

I don't think I've seen a decent review of this board yet and I don't know why, so please post when you get it installed. I am trying to decide between a 660 and keeping my P5AD2-E or an 830 and that Abit board or P5WD2...

I have got my board the other day havent had a chance to overclock it yet but this should help you out alot he seems very happy with it :) http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=384082

Thanks for the heads up, but I am not a member there and don't feel like signing up just to read the thread...just keep us posted on yours whenever you can ;)

Ok I finally got my swiftech waterblock and BlackIce III(with vantec stealth’s) installed and it definitely made a big difference. I am still cooling 4 hard drives, 2 6800GTs, Northbridge and CPU but I now have a swiftech 350 pump so my flow rate is much better. And its whisper quiet too.

I know it looks like a mess in there but it works.

Here are a couple of quick benchmarks. I only prime95'd it for an hour and a half but I forgot to screenshot it. I will probably let it prime for awhile tonight.

I'm not sure why that PCMark score is low. PCMark is acting weird for some reason. I think I need to make a boot partition for benchmarking.

Temps are getting up to 60c.

CordialSpam said:
WOw nice oc!!! 60C under water? damn that's a bit high heh..

Yeah it’s hot alright. Funny thing is even if I set a fan blowing directly at my rad it doesn't make allot of difference. I think its all about that water block. When these duals put out heat they do it in a split second. Makes a guy wonder how those silver waterblocks are performing and how much they cost.

Nice thread this one. Do you think the price gap to the 840 (not the EE) is worth it? I mean will the 840 overclock more then this one because its clocked higher?

Thanks

gandalf027 said:
Nice thread this one. Do you think the price gap to the 840 (not the EE) is worth it? I mean will the 840 overclock more then this one because its clocked higher?

Thanks

It's binned higher so it probably will OC a bit higher.

I've bought the 830D :)

Now one thing is striking me .. the 1cpu is at 3000mhz .. the second one at 2800mhz. I've loaded snm and it gives me both cpus at 3000mhz at load, although cpuz gives me 1x3ghz and 1x2.8ghz. What the hell is going on?

Any other software i can check?

Back