• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400 Pro 2 (rev 1) Vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClarkKent

Is there an easy way to adjust the Vcore on this board or do I just use the +5%, +7.5%, +10% via the bios? BTW while I'm at stock speeds CPU-Z still shows me at 1.7Vcore. Why is that? The barton 2500 is suposed to be 1.65V. Do I need a better power supply or is my board just stock on some form of auto?

Come on Guys. I know there isn't much action in this section of the forum lately but a lot of action I've seen in here is about this board so someone has to know.

Ok before you go and get a new PSU I would atleast get a cheap multimeter, and make sure the voltages are way off or atleast within 5%. I haven't found one monitor program that is accurate with voltages, and although I don't know about CPU-Z I wouldn't really worry about it unless your temps are pretty high because if they aren't I would just accept the V-Core since the more voltage it has the more stable your CPU will be, and perform better...

What concerns me is that I didn't actual change my Vcore so it should still be at stock(1.65V) but it's up at 1.7V. Is that just a bad power suply or will motherboards auto change the Vcore?

yeah well in the guide it states that the motherboard will boot up at the defualt voltage of the CPU which should be 1.65 for the one you have... but I would still buy a cheap digital multimeter and make sure your PSU is not the problem. They are around 10 bucks at radioshack...

I think I have a multimeter around. What do I do with it exactly? Like where do I put the things to take the reading?

I believe the Vcore is made up of 12.0V, 5.0V, and 3.3V. Although I just ran CPU-Z to see what results it would give me, and it said I'm running 1.7 Vcore, and I know my PSU is top of the line, so I'm guessing it could just be the motherboard.

the 7n400pro2 Rev1's dont allow any other voltage modification from the bios other than those.

the default vcore is 1.65, but this board over volts the vcore to approx 1.71.

you can't undervolt it to 1.65 with out hardware modification.

the gigbyte program SIV reads the voltages correctly on this board, as does easytune.

however I would advise against using easytune for anything other than this express purpose.

besides... a stock overvolt on the vcore is just the board begging you to oc your barton.

Ok so my range for the board will be 1.71V, 1.71 + 5%, 1.71 + 7.5% and 1.71 + 10%. I was calculating from 1.65V the stock of my chip. Well in that case I don't need to be able to overvolt the board, but is it possible to undervolt the board?

DaMobster Vcore is the Voltage supply to the CPU.

So 1.71V is the lowest voltage for the board no matter what chip is on it? I can't wait to upgrade. Christmas is so far away. But I must wait for Nforce4 and a bunch of other goodies. Thanks Guderian

Clark what do you have your 2500+ oc'd to on this board. I have a 2800= and I had it oc'd to 2.26 but then I got greedy and oc'd more and the system crashed. We have the some config except for the ram. What kind of cooling do you have.

Back