• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game stuttering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you need an xbox, Sir.
Maybe hardware monitor or fps monitor is causing fps issues?

Oh God forbid. I don't really like consoles.
And no, the only thing I use is MSI afterburner and without them I still experienced the stuttering problem...
Just seems like there is no solution for this. I literally lost hope and I don't think anything can fix this tbh.

Right so I tried to record blackout because that's where I get the most stutters. Remeber I've set the pagefile max to 2GB. And it kicked me out of the game - mid game. I was like wtf (i had stutters that game). I went and opened the game back up and got 0 stutter for the first time ever. After playing a bit I noticed I think 1 or 2 stutters for 10 minutes? Which is super weird because I'd usually get **** tonne more. 5 minutes later it kicked me out again.

The error has to do with pagefile, and it says I've ran out of memory because I've set an upper limit on pagefile. My commited memory was 17.9/17.9, that makes sense because my 16gb ram + 2 gb from pagefile, that's why it kicked me out. So.. why is my pagefile growing so big? like gigabites and gigabites... This actually might be my problem guys!

Its almost like memory leaking away.:shrug: does a game really need over 16gb ram?

Btw, I did get same memory issues at certain times when rendering video and error our of memory. Funny thing was, I never even filled up half way when monitoring task manager while rendering.:shrug:

Its almost like memory leaking away.:shrug: does a game really need over 16gb ram?

Btw, I did get same memory issues at certain times when rendering video and error our of memory. Funny thing was, I never even filled up half way when monitoring task manager while rendering.:shrug:

Yeah thing is, my ram usage is like 8gb, and the rest of it is pagefile... Like what is going on. I've set the my pagefile to 16gb, and noticed little bit less stutters I think? But I think it was more as the game went on, so I still think it might be the pagefile building up problem

Might be hard to pick up some of the stutters, but they definitely feel different when playing the game vs watching it. Also, not that many stutters happened in this video, sometimes it is more. Here is the file:

https://ufile.io/rwbgo

If you don't wanna watch the whole video and just want to see how the stutters look like, have a look at: 0:48 1:40
The stutters are tiny so I recommend full screen on the video.

Cheers!

Why not just host on youtube or something... DLing............

EDIT: 20 mins to DL a 367 MB file????? Oye......

Please put this on YT or something so it streams and we don't have to wait for 20 mins to DL things... :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys. There you go:

Sorry for the **** quality I couldn't place my phone anywhere better either haha

Sorry guys. There you go:

Sorry for the **** quality I couldn't place my phone anywhere better either haha
I had it fullscreen, and maybe(?) caught a quick hitch at 48... didn't see squat at 1:40. Looks pretty good to me, honestly...

I had it fullscreen, and maybe(?) caught a quick hitch at 48... didn't see squat at 1:40. Looks pretty good to me, honestly...

The thing is when I watch the recording I don't think it's bad either. There is one at 1:40 if you keep replaying it you'll see. The thing is, on the video it isn't that bad. You can feel it a LOT more while playing though, and I experienced maybe 5 stutters like the one at 0:48 and 1:40 but you can't really see them on the recording. My OCD won't let me rest with this crap lol. Unless you do think those are acceptable (but have to consider theres more of them than you can actually notice on the video).

A thing to add, is that I think I get a consistent stutter 80% of the time when I respawn, after like 1-2 seconds after respawning and running I get the hick-up, so it might be the game if it's like that?

Still, that thing with pagefile I think it still is ridicilous, 16gb ram and it kicks me out cus of out of memory... when I had to set to 2gb pagefile.

Another question @EarthDog, do you get this kind of stutter like me in COD? My friends keep saying theirs is butter smooth on worse PCs that just annoys me!

Let me take a quick break and play BLOPS4 for a few mins and see what RAM usage I get.

Paging out frequently will cause stutters and such... so that could be it. I typically set a 2GB PF when I had 16GB and do with 32GB, no issues so far... but let me confirm RAM use now and get back to you......

EDIT: I played some MP domination and with a browser open and few tabs and an excel ss , It peaked at 8.8GB. After closing the game, I dropped back to 4.1 GB.

You need to find out WTH is stuffing your RAM as it isn't the game.

Last edited:
See my edit above.

In task manager my RAM usage is not bad at all, it is the commited memory that grows bigger, and I think it's RAM + pagefile that commited memory thingy. I don't really see anything in the processes that eats much ram :(

hgfhfghhfg.png

jghjghjghj.png

Back