• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games you can't sell after using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

Whelp, I found out the hard way that certain games can not be sold after you play them. City of Heroes and Lineage II for ex. I sold coh on ebay after I was finished with it, canceled account, etc. After contacting play nc on the buyer's troubles. It turned out once you enter that serial code to play the game, you can't even give the game away to someone. I think this is a little crazy. They said it was clearly labeled on the box. I don't remember seeing it but, anywho, just letting you all know.

This is standard for any MMORPG type game or a game where you need to register it online. Most stores won't even let you return it unless there is a defect.

NewbiePerson said:
Whelp, I found out the hard way that certain games can not be sold after you play them. City of Heroes and Lineage II for ex. I sold coh on ebay after I was finished with it, canceled account, etc. After contacting play nc on the buyer's troubles. It turned out once you enter that serial code to play the game, you can't even give the game away to someone. I think this is a little crazy. They said it was clearly labeled on the box. I don't remember seeing it but, anywho, just letting you all know.

Back