• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games You've Beaten: 2022 Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
It's been a slow year full of triumph and personal tragedy.

But whatever the world throws at you... it's nice to know you can get home... lock your door... grab a keyboard or controller... and just blow a few hours on the world's purest form of escapism (outside of actually "escaping"... which I've also mastered).

So far I've beaten:

1. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Waaaay... WAAYYYYY longer than I thought it would be. Every time you think the game is almost over... they throw another two or three hours at you. The gameplay is actually a step DOWN from Marvel's Avengers... At no time can you switch to anyone other than Starlord... and it's pretty clear they just stole the Avenger's engine and put all the Guardians in there instead. That said... The story is vastly superior and extremely well told. In fact... it probably ranks as one of the best Guardians stories of all time.

2. Metroid Dread

Can't remember if I finished this in 2021 or 2022. Either way... It was a good run.

None so far. I've been playing the Age of Empires II remake and can't get past the AI at mid-difficulty settings.

I'm making good progress on Days Gone but no clue how far I actually am. I fear the best of my gaming days are behind me...

None. I don't really play games that need 'beat'/have single-player, really.

Still pounding FPS/BRs (PUBG mostly, Apex, COD), whooping on my buddy and some randos in the new AOE, and playing some PGA 2K21. :)

So far I've played Far Cry6. I thought I wouldn't like it because there is a lot of spanish words that the character rattles off that I don't know the meaning,probably cuss words. But I really like it. I'm playing it over. The weapons in the beginning suk bad. All of the FC games have sheeety weapons at the beginning

New Switch owner, so as mentioned in other threads, Metroid Dread and near 100% 30.56 % (Apparently Korok seeds are equal to Lynels) BotW. Going to dive into VR in 2022.

Last edited:
Tunic

Forza Horizon 5

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

Katamari Damacy: Reroll

What the Golf?

Portal and Portal 2 (played before, but the kids are watching this time)

Deathloop

Unpacking

Vampire Survivors (early access still getting updates with new content)

Many of those are on PC gamepass. Honestly surprised by the amount there. Trying to clear out some of my old back catalog.

Currently going to try to play through spiritfarer, ff7 remake, and Guardians of the Galaxy. When I'm not playing those I'm playing battlefield 2042 with some buddies.

Went through the new HALO campaign, enjoyed it, and thought it could have been longer.
Also played through a Steam special Dying Light. Zombie game, open map reminds a lot of Far Cry. Weapons suck initially but you can craft/upgrade with the right materials. The worst part is, like the old FC series the weapons degrade and need repairs but it's limited. Eventually, they're junk at that point sell them. I'm considering jumping to their next release because it was a lot of fun.
Doesn't look like I have as much free time as Janus67, that's quite a list.

Last weekend -> Kirby and the Forgotten Land ... easy mode :D

In this year was also:
- The Wild at Heart - surprisingly fun to play and wasn't long
- Age of Empires IV - surprisingly short and disappointing
and I think that's all as I checked a lot of games but most were meh

I do not remember any FC game where weapons degraded:unsure:...FC 2 was the only one I never finished....
He was talking about dying light.

Went through the new HALO campaign, enjoyed it, and thought it could have been longer.
Also played through a Steam special Dying Light. Zombie game, open map reminds a lot of Far Cry. Weapons suck initially but you can craft/upgrade with the right materials. The worst part is, like the old FC series the weapons degrade and need repairs but it's limited. Eventually, they're junk at that point sell them. I'm considering jumping to their next release because it was a lot of fun.
Doesn't look like I have as much free time as Janus67, that's quite a list.
I played the hel out of DL. I still play it. I wanted to reach a billion dollars but only have 600K. I have mannnnny hours into it. I started playing DL2 but just can't get into it

Cyberpunk 2077, went a bit mental on it and did a completionist run, all endings, all side objectives and gigs, all iconic guns, all wall guns, all cars/bikes... Oddly enough, not really hard at all, just time-consuming. Has anyone played State of Decay 2? Heard it was decent with the latest Juggernaut patch, I like the type, but really not sure if I want to have to micromanage a camp full of people?

I do not remember any FC game where weapons degraded:unsure:...FC 2 was the only one I never finished....
It was either one or two, whichever one you started out with malaria. I'm certain the weapons wore out and had to be repaired.

Must have been 2...I couldn't figure out which key to click for the malaria drug and quit and never get back to it.:giggle:

That reminds me of Oblivion. I contracted "Vampirism" after camping outside one time too many and I stopped playing as I could neither A. Find the Cure nor B. Go outside in the daytime anymore...

That reminds me of Oblivion. I contracted "Vampirism" after camping outside one time too many and I stopped playing as I could neither A. Find the Cure nor B. Go outside in the daytime anymore...

I'll admit I've had similar happen in Skyrim, only intentionally. Dump a fair amount of time into a playthrough, thought it'd be fun to give the vampirism thing a shot, and once I realized I wasn't a fan I'd overwritten my saves. Ended up abandoning the run.

I remember that...:D Luckily I found the cure as fast as I could as I hated being ostracized...I loved rebuilding the haunted house in that game. I played as a sneaky cat person in Oblivion.

I do not remember it (Vampirism) in Skyrim, but do remember after being a werewolf and curing myself every town folk still told me I smelled like a dog.😄

Back