• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghetto mod on my SLK900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, A approximates human hearing.

As I quoted above,
the A-weighting network introduces a low-frequency rolloff in gain that bears a rather close resemblance to the frequency response of the ear at low sound pressure level.

keaven, I used a donor 80mm fan and removed the guts. I then attached the donor fan housing to the duct with aluminum tape. I then bent the retention clips slightly to bend around the ducting mod. I used a couple of wire ties to prevent the retention clips from popping off. Then mounted the fan.

To be honest I didn't find a big reduction in temps with the mod after further testing so I removed the mod.

do NOT use a 120mm fan with a adapter. 120mm fans have horrible pressure ratings, and would not push anyhwere near 80 cfm thorugh a duct and a heatsink. i tried a 120mm with the ducting kit and when i put my hand up to the end of the duct, there was no air going through it. a 40 cfm 80mm fan will beat a 100 cfm 120mm fan for a heatsink.

Back