• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! iwill kk266 won't post with xp1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briant6

Registered
Sorry for the repost from AMD subforum but I need help desperately.

help! athlon xp1700+ TBred won't post
Hello everyone,
I just got athlon xp1700+ TBreds from newegg. I'm replacing it with my old duron 750 OC'ed at 924.

Essential Computer specs:
Iwill KK266 MB (already has the latest bios ver 10/22/01 from Iwill website)
512 PC133 SDRAM
WD 60 GB HD
400 Duron PS(came with case)
Hercules GF2 MX400
VANTEC CCK-6040 HSF

Things I did:
1. Took out the old cpu and put in the new one.
2. Changed the FSB jumper to 133 instead of 100 on MB.
3. Reset the cmos via of jumper.
4. Turned on computer but it didn't post.
5. Took out everything (sound card, ethernet card, controller card, etc) except for just the CPU and video card connected to MB.
6. Again, turned on computer but didn't post.
7. Rechecked everything else but still didn't post.
8. Put back old cpu, it did post.

I tried almost everything I can think of but it didn't post. Please please please help! Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
b4 you try to find what setting on the board is causing the problem, let's check square one first, i.e., does your board support that processor?

srry, i'm not familiar with the Iwill KK266. Is that a KT266 or a KT266a chipset? can you get the info on what processors your board supports from their website?

you said an xp1700+. what kind of xp1700+? Is it a palomino, a Tbred A, or a Tbred B? assuming it's aTbred since you said newegg and tha's all they're selling right now, what's it say on your chip? ( AXDA1700DMT3C = Tbred A, AXDA1700DUT3C = Tbred B)

If your board says it can take CPUs up to xp2100+, it can't run either, no thoroughbreds period. If it says it can use an xp2200+, then it can run the Tbred A. If it says it can use an xp2400+ or more, it can run a Tbred B.

thanks for all the responses....I've been doing a lot of reading and realized that the problem is my MB...very few people were able to get athlon xp running on kk266 only after tweakings...for those that couldn't get it to work, their solution is switching to a new MB...with that said, I just purchased Asus A7V266-E

Back