• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HO HO HO, A Borgin I Shall Go!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

Well todays my wife's family Christmas party. Most, if not all are'nt very computer literate. So that'll mean I'll have to do a good sell job on some of the more sceptical ones. But I am going prepaired, with Wedo One Click install disks (many :D ). Just hope all the ones with modern computers (you know...something better than an old pentium 233) show up. Most if not all are still running Win 98 :rolleyes: , haveing never done a one click install on a Windows 98 machine, I'm hopeing the XP one click will do the job. Well...... wish me luck. *Me leaves to go on mad borging spree at family Christmas party.*

The service install wouldnt work on my 98 system, but maybe the one-click will:( Its only 98 cuz its got a 1 gig hardrive, but it just sits in a cabinet and folds with the new 4.0 official client.

Nope, all the service installs are for 2000 or XP only. There is a Win98 install in the ultimate borging thread up top though.

I hope he got that message before leaving. That's a sure way to keep them from folding, give them something that doesn't work.

I hope he got that message before leaving.

Yes, I did get the message. I had already left for the party, but had to come back home to get some things my wife forgot. So I checked out the Folding fourms briefley and saw it. So I just downloaded the Win 98 one click & made some copies (Of course I did take the time to edit the client config file to username=Ducker :D ), and returned to the party.

I gave several copies out, both for XP/2000 & Win 98/ME, so I'll have to wait & see just how many borgs that I'll end up with. I know for sure of 2, probably 3 (and they leave their computers on 24/7 like I do). I did meet 1 new realitive, he is 17 and really into computers. He currently has his own computer but would like to build his first rig. And he has a few friends that he thinks would like to start folding also. I told him to distribute it freely, to anyone & everyone! So I guess I'll have to wait and see how good I ( or we, Team 32) do.

Back