• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have decided to go Dothan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At 28,668 3dmarks01 currently with VGA clocks at 525 / 550. Temps and fan noise are very good. Will bench 03 in a few minutes.

*edit*

03 = 12370

Last edited:
New Dothan machine is going to be built...

Was just browsing in the local store and saw nmedia HTPC 100 case with Enermax 270W PS for $85. Jumped up. Bought it. Bought P4P800-VM from Monarch for $93. Pinmodded my new shiny Inspiron 9300 to 2.26Ghz and took out brand new 1.73Ghz 533 Dothan. Which is going to be HTPC chip.

Can't wait for MB to arrive.

Will keep you posted.

It MUST be the quietest and fastest and best-looking and cheapest desktop I have ever built (and I have built quite a few).

Wish me luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a quiet beauty. Idle 27c, full load 41c, max 44c.

Asus P4P800-VM mATX, Asus CT-479, Pentium M Dothan 1.73 Ghz 533FSB, Samsung 80Gb laptop 2.5 HDD, Toshiba Samsung slim DVD/CD-RW, Geil Golden Dragon 2x256RAM, Radeon 8500 64MB video,nMedia HTPC 100 case.

It is NOT the fastest. The max I can do is 1920Mhz. After that SuperPI starts to bark n me.

Pictures to follow.

So how should I call this lapdesk HTPC?

I have one Celeron M 350J, using P4P800SE with 1009 bios, I can't change FSB in bios, neither memory speed. I only can reach 140fsb stable. Any beta bios that I can use to adjust FSB and memory in bios?

EDIT: Get it working!

Last edited:
Sjaak said:
A girlie name. Anything that's sweet and small should have a girls name.

OK, I will call it Beste. It means "melody" in Turkish. It is a girl's name.

Any suggestions for overclocking it a little further? Remember, it is P4P800-VM.

galileo5 said:
OK, I will call it Beste. It means "melody" in Turkish. It is a girl's name.

Any suggestions for overclocking it a little further? Remember, it is P4P800-VM.

No idea lol, it's generally not the best oc mobo. What's the max vcore you can set?

icyicy said:
Hi galileo5, what's your bios version in p4p800se? I have 1010.001, did you try 1009? Which one is better?

Hi icyicy, I believe I "had" 1010 something, it was excellent, it allowed me to overclock far beyond I thought it would do. P4P800 machine is disassembled at the moment in favor of my new P4P800-VM beauty.

So how to raise vcore? anybody?

Sjaak said:
If the board layout is anywhere near that of the p4c800 you may be able to do a vmod.

Soldering? Naah..not interested :D

I can try to flash bios with P4P800-e bios. I know how to do it, but not sure I want to.

mcoleg said:
how about a socket wire trick? don't remember the link but i am sure the ppl here could help.

Yeah, but it only works for 400FSB Dothan.

I might buy one and sell my 1.73.

Maybe not.

It is so cute and quiet.
It already controls accessDTV HDTV card.
and my Sony 400 DVD changer through RS-232.
It can play DVDs through it's Pioneer DVR-K05 burner ( TSS had issues, so I replaced it with DVR-K05).
It can burn DVD's at 8x. It can burn dual layer DVD's

I am probably better off leaving it alone.

galileo5 said:
Yeah, but it only works for 400FSB Dothan.

I might buy one and sell my 1.73.

Maybe not.

It is so cute and quiet.
It already controls accessDTV HDTV card.
and my Sony 400 DVD changer through RS-232.
It can play DVDs through it's Pioneer DVR-K05 burner ( TSS had issues, so I replaced it with DVR-K05).
It can burn DVD's at 8x. It can burn dual layer DVD's

I am probably better off leaving it alone.

isn't there a wire trick you can use to set 1.65V standard? i thought it worked with all dothans.

lowfat said:
isn't there a wire trick you can use to set 1.65V standard? i thought it worked with all dothans.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the pinmod.

is this vid3 grounding?

Last edited:
Back