• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel cpus at UVOC, post & share your result here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So how do we gage stable?? I usually run prime95 for 12~24 hours to test stability and others are ok with 4 hours of prime. What are the "stable" requirements? I just got a 6850 so i'm in, i'm still using my P5W DH Dlx though until my P5K Dlx comes back from an RMA.

dylskee said:
So how do we gage stable?? I usually run prime95 for 12~24 hours to test stability and others are ok with 4 hours of prime. What are the "stable" requirements? I just got a 6850 so i'm in, i'm still using my P5W DH Dlx though until my P5K Dlx comes back from an RMA.

dylskee I would think Orthos for around 8 hours would be plenty stable.
We wouldn't need that for benching but that's about the standard out of the lounge.;)

Peepaw said:
dylskee I would think Orthos for around 8 hours would be plenty stable.
We wouldn't need that for benching but that's about the standard out of the lounge.;)
How about 10 minutes???? :D
Well, as it stands right now it looks like I can only hit between 3200~3300 mhz! Running prime right now @3200. I'll post my official results later. C'mon Peepaw you need to buy one of these, (you know, for the sake of the test!)

dylskee said:
How about 10 minutes???? :D
Well, as it stands right now it looks like I can only hit between 3200~3300 mhz! Running prime right now @3200. I'll post my official results later. C'mon Peepaw you need to buy one of these, (you know, for the sake of the test!)

You're going to have to do better than 3300 to talk me into one.
I was all over the idea of a 6850 till you said that about the 3300 mhz.:-/
I was thinking that would be a bare minimum.:confused:

Got any idea what's holding you back? Or are you just pulling my leg cause you know I want one?:eh?:

Peepaw said:
You're going to have to do better than 3300 to talk me into one.
I was all over the idea of a 6850 till you said that about the 3300 mhz.:-/
I was thinking that would be a bare minimum.:confused:

Got any idea what's holding you back? Or are you just pulling my leg cause you know I want one?:eh?:
I'm not sure if you read this post but we are trying to find the max overclock with the lowest allowable voltage your motherboard will allow. I can bench this chip @4100mhz man!! :D

dylskee said:
I'm not sure if you read this post but we are trying to find the max overclock with the lowest allowable voltage your motherboard will allow. I can bench this chip @4100mhz man!! :D

Thank you sir, just for that I won't call you by your childhood nickname.:D
And I want to see them benches pronto. Off to the lounge wid jah.:attn:

Thanks guys for the "stability" test concern, I have updated the 1st post regarding this issue. Hope its fair enough. :)

Please, we don't want another debate regarding this thing here. :D

Peepaw said:
Thank you sir, just for that I won't call you by your childhood nickname.:D
And I want to see them benches pronto. Off to the lounge wid jah.:attn:
:clap:
bing said:
Thanks guys for the "stability" test concern, I have updated the 1st post regarding this issue. Hope its fair enough.

Please, we don't want another debate regarding this thing here.
Just making sure, people around here are pretty fussy about "stabilty"....:D

Oh, I purchased this @ http://www.priceguidenetwork.com/ for $286.99

CPU : E6850
Lowest Vcore : 1.225 Volts
CPU VID : 1.300 Volt Coretemp
Best OC : 3.240 Ghz FSB = 360x9=3240 (with 1.225 VCore)
Stability test : Orthos 2 hours and counting.
CPU Temp : 18/19c Idle - 25/27c Load using Coretemp 17c ambient
Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe Bios 2004
Cooling Gear : Water cooling....In sig
CPU details : L719B014 - Pack Date : 07/09/2007

Last edited:
Thanks dylskee, 1st report in & nicely formatted ! :)

Btw, what ambient ? Must be really cool there with idle temp !

To others, since data started to pour in ...

Please submit using the proposed format !

bing said:
Thanks dylskee, 1st report in & nicely formatted ! :)

Btw, what ambient ? Must be really cool there with idle temp !

To others, since data started to pour in ...

Please submit using the proposed format in the 1st post !
Yeah, I'm in my cellar of my air conditioned house so my ambient temps down here are in the low to mid 60's. :D I usually run a couple degrees above ambient.

Bump

With table now, though only one data !

Last edited:
dylskee said:
:clap:

Just making sure, people around here are pretty fussy about "stabilty"....:D

Oh, I purchased this @ http://www.priceguidenetwork.com/ for $286.99

CPU : E6850
Lowest Vcore : 1.225 Volts
CPU VID : 1.300 Volt Coretemp
Best OC : 3.240 Ghz FSB = 360x9=3240 (with 1.225 VCore)
Stability test : Orthos 2 hours and counting.
CPU Temp : 18/19c Idle - 25/27c Load using Coretemp 17c ambient
Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe Bios 2004
Cooling Gear : Water cooling....In sig
CPU details : L719B014 - Pack Date : 07/09/2007

What is the max you have OC'd this beast and at what Vcore and load temps, thanks

Brolloks said:
What is the max you have OC'd this beast and at what Vcore and load temps, thanks
Well, so far I've had it to 4.1GHz benchable but that's on my P5W DH Dlx. I've got my P5K Dlx that should be back from RMA on Tuesday so I should have a better idea on my max clock by then. This chip is fast and ultra cool though!!! Vcore was 1.5 and load temps were 47°c.

Jeez, i wanna give you guys good screenshots, but I don't know where I can post them online, here's the shot as on Photobucket (it keeps resizing it smaller)

StockStock.jpg

I will have more pics once someone gives me better site to post.

Right now, this is stock speed/stock voltage.

1.3125v auto'd in BIOS, vdrooped to 1.28
100% load, 22C+15C = 37C (I haven't corrected for 100C/85C Tjunction in speedfan yet), i used quad-prime95.

idle, 11C+15C = 27C!!! (my ambience is 25C, I have screen shot as proof... actually it's more of convenience, my clock has a built in thermometer)

I'll have better pics once someone tells me where I can post better pics.

PRELIMINARY, but I know some people are anxious for results (I know I was) so I'm working on UNDERVOLTING for a STOCK SPEED G0 Q6600 right now.

CPU : Q6600 G0
Lowest Vcore : PRELIMINARY 1.2215 BIOS for 2.4GHZ speed (stock) right now
CPU VID : Coretemp is still crashing on me =|
Best OC : PRELIMINARY 3.33Ghz with 1.3875 (some weird wall at 3.33GHZ, will work on that after I get some undervolt going)
Stability test : Prime95 4 threads, 15 minute intervals (trying to find lowest voltage right now)
CPU Temp : load 36C/34C/35C/34C, idle 28C/26C/25C/26C, ambient 24C
MOBO & BIOS : P5N32-E SLI, BIOS 1203
Cooling Gear : Swiftech Apex Kit, with MCW60 & T-line (no reservoir)
CPU details : L723A930 , Pack Date : 07/13/2007

Attachments

• 24underidle.JPG
    24underidle.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 24underload.jpg
    24underload.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 251
This is the LOWEST voltage my MOTHERBOARD will let me go, I don't know why, but any less, it'll show me warning sign and not let me continue. Below 1.100v, I already get a warning, any lower than 1.0750v, it won't let me POST at all and I have to hard reset with CMOS reset.

Secondly, are people sure it's +15C to speedfan? because my thermometer reads 23C, and my lowest CPU speed reads 23C also??? I could have a crappy thermometer though (built into clock).

CPU : Q6600 G0
Lowest Vcore : 1.0750 BIOS for 2.4GHZ speed (stock) right now
CPU VID : Coretemp94 worked... but !@$#%@, I got a VID of 1.3125v!!!!!!!!
Best OC : Will work on this next
Stability test : Prime95 4 threads, Temps were stable after 5 minutes and I'm bored of undervolting, but it's really stable, want to OVERclock now lol
CPU Temp : load 34C/32C/32C/32C, idle 26C/23C/24C/24C, ambient 23C
MOBO & BIOS : P5N32-E SLI, BIOS 1203
Cooling Gear : Swiftech Apex Kit, with MCW60 & T-line (no reservoir)
CPU details : L723A930 , Pack Date : 07/13/2007

Attachments

• IDLE LOWEST.JPG
    IDLE LOWEST.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 245
  • LOAD LOWEST copy.jpg
    LOAD LOWEST copy.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 246
treatmentx said:
I'll have better pics once someone tells me where I can post better pics.

Hve you tried using windows Paint program? Just use shift+prt screen, and windows will copy the present screen into the clip board, then use Paint to crop and save as desired.

treatmentx said:
I will have more pics once someone gives me better site to post.
imageshack.us, or keepmyfile.com for reallly large images (it doesn't resize, and has a 30MB filesize limit)

treatmentx said:
Secondly, are people sure it's +15C to speedfan? because my thermometer reads 23C, and my lowest CPU speed reads 23C also??? I could have a crappy thermometer though (built into clock).

Yes, many folks have dicovered Speedfan is off by 15C. It looks like you made the adjustment and your temps are about right on the low vcore with stock speeds. Many are saying to use coretemp. What is your coretemp readings? What is your ambient temp (room temp)?

Crank that baby up to see how far you can go with lowest vcore.

Back