• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this upgrade worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, sorry for late response. Thanks guys for the response on that, wasn't really considering that it would just be pumping head to the next via air. Watching videos and stuff seems like everyone praised thick rads but I guess what they forget to mention is that would be due to a bit more performance for space constraints. I think i will go with another 480 and mount it next to the current one and make some metal bracket extender to go past the power button area. Now just need to find a black used 480 rad as new isn't in my budget any longer and can't post in classifieds because lack of rep or something. I wonder if i can find a similar rad for 50 or less.

Last edited:
Hey all. Two cents. For the sake of space. I would think you could down experiment with stacking the rads. One poster mentioned a 20% increase in performance. Another mentioned blowing heated air into the second rad. Which would not be good. If you wanted to try it, just run hot to the rear rad. Or the one that receives intake air last.

Back