• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[JOURNAL] birth of little boy blue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:d tanks alot swat - :D

the TT block does well , well, better now that i had taken out my mobo and reseated it - the temps i get are about right on with reviews of it - in my area on a hot day i am itting around 52C now under full load dual folding @home - and when it gets hot here it is about 30C with no wind.

from all the reviews i saw - the TT was with in 1-3C diff or the same as a TDX and other blocks - i am only using 2 connections on it - but will be using 3 as soon as my other barbs arrive - this may help temps alot.

hehe, no wonder i was gettign 50C on my pressy @ 3.7ghz - the 120mm fan i got on the rad runs @ 1220RPM..lol

time to order @ least a 2k RPM 120mm fan.

yeah :( - @ night when it is cooler it is more around 48-49C now under full load @ 3.7GHZ stock voltage

but i want lowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

purdy new WB on the way for my x800 XT :D

chrome_100.jpg

Danger den maze 4 chrome edition :D

Mr.Guvernment said:
well the idea of BTX is to have better air flow - since the CPU is lower in the case it is open to cooler temps compred to the top of the case since heat rises.

Heat only rises under relatively static airflow. In a closed environment of controlled ventilation the effect is negated.

Lowering the CPU location in the case does allow you to run shorter hose lengths from a low-mounted pump. That's the only tangible benefit I can think of.

Captain Slug said:
Heat only rises under relatively static airflow. In a closed environment of controlled ventilation the effect is negated.

Lowering the CPU location in the case does allow you to run shorter hose lengths from a low-mounted pump. That's the only tangible benefit I can think of.

Plus it just looks cool! :)

Captain Slug said:

smarty pants :p

it is true - my hose length is shorter, sort of :D - once i get my vid card block then i will have more hose :)

and it definetly looks cool - i guess cause it looks a little different then most cases :D

well my baby could be going on the market for sale, unfortuantly since i am costa rica it will have to go to someone in this country since shipping out is a joke.

i guess i am going through a change in life where i am sick of doing nothign but playing video games for hours on end instead of other thigns, and since i got my hernia operation i can actually now do things with out worry.

Shall let you all know if it stays or goes. - If it goes @ the price i am asking i am sure i could build a new system to hold me ove r:D

Your welcome and thanks,

i can 2nd the logs - i love reading peoples progress on building a system - you just learn and get to see so much about it, things you dont find in reviews and such, they can be very helpful.

what type of cdrom/dvdrom do you have it looks like it matches the mesh slots nicely, i just ordered my stacker and other parts, picking out my dvd/cdrom now...

nothing special, just a 48x NE cdburner - i tink any black cd/dvd drive will do the trick

i would suggst a NEC 3520A DVD burner if that is an option.Awsome burner.

yeah NEC is probably what ill do... just wanted things to match if at all possible, btw that is one awesome system you have there :clap:

just wondering this... did you order your stacker from newegg?

Last edited:
:d thank you.

Yes, i got it from newegg back when they would ship to me - if u dont get it there check out directron.com they have all the accessories for the case aswell - more drive cases / window side panel / motherboard cooler as well :D

the baby boi blue has been sold! to a lucky person in our company - $2300 US, nice return for a used computer :D

Back