• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Bought Sound Card, sould I pull out and uninstall drivers for DFI Ultra-D mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amoroso

Just Bought Sound Card, sould I pull out and uninstall drivers for DFI Ultra-D mobo?

Well just bought a Fati1ty soundblaster card... with Klipsch 2.1 speakers. my system is below... Ive been using onboard sound card that you have to attach to the mobo that came with DFI. How do you disactivated the onboard soundcard on the mobo now? Do I just pull it out from the mobo? or can I leave it in there. I dont want any drivers confronting with each other so should I uninstall creatain drivers that came with the mobo? Thanks guys

Last edited:
just uninstalled Realtek software and the sound is working off NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM)Audio now... how I uninstall this? or is it not necessary?

Check the bios for on-board audio - you can generally disable it there. Sometimes it will have a weird name though - I know abit's and dfi's use the same bios but I forget what they call the on-board sound option.

Back