• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 1700... not right one, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssj5

Registered
Hello everyone! I just got my combo Abit NF7-S Rev2.0 and XP1700+ JIUHB 0307RPGW DUT3C

I thought I was getting the DLT3C, but it looks like this was my error. I have been axiously anticipating this delivery for a week now and my question is would it be worth trying to get the DLT3C (I'll probably end up paying restocking fees) or will I be happy with the DUT3C? How much better is the 1.5V version?? I don't want to lay a lot more money into this thing, but if possible I want the best for my money, just wondering "what would YOU do?"

Thanks!

stick it in and give it a whirl.. then move on from there =p

if it truly is a dud then restocking dont sound too bad.. but if it can give you similiar performances to a dlt3c then you saved yourself a couple of bucks

All you can do is try and see. If you like it fine if not thats your call on what you do after that point.

ssj5 and cherryp00t, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D

If your aim is overclocking, you might find better results with the DLT3C, since afaik that's the chip everyone's been raving about lately. Most people have been able to OC them to 2.4 and 2.5ghz on air, while others have been able to OC the DUT3C to about 2.2 or 2.3ghz. You can check this out in the overclockers.com cpu database here. Just select T-Bred 1700 and sort by max overclock, and when you get to the results page just do a Ctrl+F to search the text for DUT3C or DLT3C.

If your aim is not overclocking, then obviously the performance should be on par between either stepping. Either way, your obvious best bet would be to stick it in and try it out. If you're dead set on getting the max overclock out of the 1700, it's your choice on whether or not to return it and get a DLT3C.

HTH

I did get it from exCaliber, but its my fault for not paying enough attention to the stepping type. I am expecting a call from them within 15 minutes to let me know if/how much it will be to exchange. The one that I got retails for 60.50 on their site and I want the one for 72.00, but I am waiting to see how much the restocking fee will be before I make any decisions

I am planning on OCing, I got the NF7-S rev2.0 and Twinmos winbond2.5 512 for a reason! I also got the SLK-900U and 7 vantec tornado 80s. I hope to try and acheive 216x11.5 with my setup, so I don't think the DUT3C will do the trick

It would be kewl if they did not charge you a restocking fee.

When I was looking there for mine I had seen that $60.00 also and was wondering what the difference was, and then looked @ all the 1700's.

Good luck :)

7 tornados?:eek: My god man yer just trying to find the fatest way to go deaf. My 1 tornado I can't stand for more than a few hours and has to be turned off before I go to bed...I'm not gonna try to imagine 7 of them. Good luck with the OC though and make sure you get ya some ear plugs.

Flexy

The weak DLT3C seems on par with the average DUT3C. The Average DLT3C seems on par with the good DUT3C. I haven't heard of any especially good DLT3C's (in respect to other DLT3C's), which I would consider breaking 2.65 at 1.80v with air or water. By my guess the DUT3C's and DLT3C's cap in the same region, but the DLT3C's are more likely to get there.

Back