• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leme tell you a little story about ultracoin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SF101

The Printer Guru
I've been mining this coin since early adoption its Getting good attention it has a large community with dedication - its asic resistant which is hope for gpu miners. and should have expected growth soon.

Here is all the info you need to get started. lots of info on the main forum post or on the utlracoin website.

Ultracoin
UTC Main Forum post

Main Exchanges include
Mintpal
Crypto-Rush
Coinmarket.io
Coming back in v2.0 is Crypto-Trade

and Soon Expected to be on
Cryptsy
Facebook
Twitter
"SCRYPT JANE BACKBONE

The code uses a modular (compile, not runtime) layout to allow new mixing & hash functions to be added easily. The base components (HMAC, PBKDF2, and scrypt) are static and will immediately work with any conforming mix or hash function.

NFACTOR INTEGRATION

Scrypt-Jane uses an N-Factor (which is a number), and that number determines the amount of memory required to solve a share. This N-Factor number will go up at certain intervals, usually when a certain block number has been found in the blockchain. Whenever this N-Factor number increases, the mining efficiency will lower, because more memory is required to complete the same task performed before. Consequently, CPUs will become the go to choice for mining over time.

PROOF OF STAKE

Proof-of-stake is a method of securing a cryptocurrency network through requesting users to show ownership of a certain amount of currency. It is different from proof-of-work systems that run hashing algorithms to validate electronic transactions.

MINER REWARDS

Miners are currently awarded with 50 new Ultracoins per block, an amount which gets halved roughly every 990.000 blocks. The Ultracoin network is therefore scheduled to produce 100 million Ultracoins, which is almost 4.5 times as many currency units as Bitcoin.
"

Last edited:
What kind of hash/coin rates are you getting? Might be worth switching my 560ti over to this.

heard some of this too, may be interesting, but its mostly cuda right ?
give us more details, what ur mining with and so on like kona asked too

Not mostly cuda it mines just like LTC does except its Jane. so you run similar scrypts with the jane config inputed. You can run cuda though it works ok. I tried it on my laptop 770m got about 180kh/s with a bit of a Oc on the gpu not bad really for like a 100 watt mobile gpu. also works fine on my 7970's and 290x
\
you can run also Guiminer - just make sure to add special scrypt - "--scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1387769316" into extra flags area.

its roughly 15% less kh/s but pretty productive anyways. and resistant to asic which is a good thing for those wanting to GPU mine.

Needs to be on a larger exchange soon imho though.

switched my system over to it for a bit, getting 2.8mh/s on it using leetpools

Can't get UTC to mine properly for the life of me. Even using their special miner and the --sj settings, it'll start mining at like 300mhash and say it finds a block and have that get rejected. No accepted shares.

Got my 7850 working, pool just didn't want to pick up my miner + I was missing a flag. Making 150khash, decent returns. Gonna mine this for a few days.

Didn't look like any tweaking I did made a good difference in hash rates. Any intensity over 13 with gap 2 gives me a hash drop and gap 1 never quite hits 150k. I also get better rates at 1000 core over 1100 core at gap 1. Gotta mess around more later.

EDIT: I16 is like 5khash more? Bleh.

Last edited:
tried to play around with this a bunch, cant get anything but hardware errors.
must be because of the 14.1 drivers im guessing?
every setting i try just gives constant hardware errors.

I think 14.1 breaks stuff, I saw that on the front page of one of the pools

Weird thing, when I'm running the ultracoin miner, my computer won't launch the screensaver. I don't have a screensaver set, but I do have the require a login after 5 minute idle, which I need as I'm a domain admin and I don't want somebody to start messing around on my computer when I'm away from it.

I can lock the computer manually, and it works fine, so I just have to remember to do that when I need to leave the computer when I'm mining ultracoin.

Whoo-hoo!

I found my first block!

Edit: I guess it isn't that hard in Ultracoin. Got 46106 too.

Last edited:
Are you using the UTC wallet or can you mine directly to an exchange?

I'm using the UTC wallet, mining from a pool. But I believe you can mine into a crypto-trade.com ( https://crypto-trade.com/ ) deposit address.

•The minimum amount of deposit - 0.0001 UTC.
•Your account will be credited about 1 minute after 6 confirmations from the network
•Commission for deposit will be not charged
Address can be used for next deposits

Does CGWatcher work well with their miner or can I still use the CGMiner 3.7.2?

It uses a special cgminer, called ultracoinminer.exe. It is scrypt-jane. I can use CGWatcher and launch the .bat file with no issues. But if I set up a config file and launch directly from the .exe, I'm about 1/10th the hash rate.

So I have CGWatcher start the .bat file rather than the .exe.

Oh, and you could set the pool (I'm using ultra.nitro.org ) to no auto-payout, then manually have it pay out to the exchange you want to use when you are ready.

It uses a special cgminer, called ultracoinminer.exe. It is scrypt-jane. I can use CGWatcher and launch the .bat file with no issues. But if I set up a config file and launch directly from the .exe, I'm about 1/10th the hash rate.

So I have CGWatcher start the .bat file rather than the .exe.

Oh, and you could set the pool (I'm using ultra.nitro.org ) to no auto-payout, then manually have it pay out to the exchange you want to use when you are ready.

OK cool. Or could I mine directly to the UTC deposit address I created in Crypto-Trade?

OK cool. Or could I mine directly to the UTC deposit address I created in Crypto-Trade?

I asked on their chat, and as long as you are using a pool, and not p2p mining, you can mine directly into the deposit address. I just set myself up to do that.

Back