• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leme tell you a little story about ultracoin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now have all 4 cards mining this. 400 on two 290x, 350 on 290, and 250 on 7950

You can probably do better than 265 Kh/s. I've just got a Gigabyte 280x and I'm getting 315 Kh/s on I 12

Could you point me in the direction of some optimization tips? I just accepted the defaults let it run. It is also driving my desktop though so that might have an effect on performance.

I've got just a mild overclock on the core only, and here is my batch file:

Code:
"C:\coin miners\ultracoin\ultracoin-miner\cgminer.exe" -o stratum+tcp://ultra.nitro.org:3337 -u torin3.worker1 -p x --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -I 12 -w 256 -Q 0 -E 10 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune 20

Has anyone tried compiling the scrypt-jane fork of sgminer? I'm trying to get it to work cuz I have 2 gpu's that require different gpu-threads and the ultracoin miner can't do that. I get it to compile fine, but when trying to mine, the diff is all off and it won't accept any shares..

Has anyone tried compiling the scrypt-jane fork of sgminer? I'm trying to get it to work cuz I have 2 gpu's that require different gpu-threads and the ultracoin miner can't do that. I get it to compile fine, but when trying to mine, the diff is all off and it won't accept any shares..

Can't help you with that, but have you considered running 2 separate instances of cgminer?

Any suggestions on whether or not to keep mining it? Crypto-trade is down and I don't think any other exchanges handle it yet. It is pretty high on the voting at mintpal.com though.

new update:

Update: We discovered a bug in our system which allowed someone to hack around $30 000. All coins are safe and we will pay ourself for the lost in order that any user doesn't suffer a lost. Crypto-trade.com will open back in 24-48 hours with trading halted. You will be able to withdraw your coins, USD and EUR. When all users will have been refunded, we will close the website for an undetermined period (2-3 weeks estimated) in order to fix our software and make a security audit to reopen later in best conditions. We hope you will keep trust in us, any user will have his money back within next days.

yeh looks like it

theres always:

coinmarket.io

maybe that will be the number 1 utc exchange now

poloni.ex also has UTC on their exchange, but doesn't look to have a lot of action

ARRRGH! What's going on at crypto-trade?!?

They said we can withdraw our funds, but I can't even log in to withdraw!!!

I can only find a twitter feed for them. Does anyone know of an email address?
I need my UTC and BTC out of there!

EDIT: Sent them a support ticket, lets see what they say...

Last edited:
Heads up, crypto-trade.com is up and you can log in and process withdrawals. Don't know if/when they will actually process, but you can initiate it now.

About 3 hours now, still no sign of the BTC, but the UTC did show up at Mintpal and I've converted that to BTC. So, I'm better than I was. But I've still got about .04 BTC that is floating around in the ether.

I have a 7770 with a mild OC, there probably isn't any point, but would it be worthwhile to mine this (or any other) type of coin, or should I upgrade in order to try and do that. Also can this coin be CPU-mined or is that also a complete waste? Sorry about the n00b questions, I know enough to be dangerous about mining in the first place.

Back