• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lousy tubing wont bend to fit in my case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, it's what i had. I picked up some worm gear clamps today to replace them.

Clipboard01.jpg

It's a bit of a tight fit even in a full tower. I wish i could find a better place for the pump since it's so tight beside the video card.

Nice result Neb!

ugh.... people and there zip ties for clamps....
It all depends on how tight the tubing is on the barb (and how brave/cavalier the builder is. ;) )

I have used some fittings that the tubing is on so tight on the barb that I have to cut the tubing off. This is another reason why I use 7/16" ID tubing over 1/2" OD fittings. :p

Looks good, why not put the pump in the 5.25 area?
I think the pump is in the best location already - in the lowest part of the loop. The only change I would make would be to put the T in the pump inlet line instead of at the top. But that is personal preference. I bet it does remove bubbles fast up there.

It would be hard to move the pump into the 5.25 area since the opening between the top and bottom (where the fill tube is) is about 1.5"x3" so i'd have to rebuild the loop while it's in the case. I would love to bolt it upside down from the middle cross piece but I don't think the tubing would make that hard bend.

Hardware store tubing just isn't worth the aggravation to me. I like cheap Masterkleer myself. I haven't tried the Primochill tubing, but I'll have to keep that in mind.

I too have gone to 7/16" over 1/2" barbs with zip ties. Particularly with Bitspower barbs, there simply is no need for worm drive clamps. I use double zip ties tightened with pliers.

If you need to use elbows, you can just use plain copper plumbing elbows. There is no need for $10+ Bitspower elbows just to make a bend. Copper plumbing elbows are very nonrestrictive and make almost no difference to flow (if I remeber right it takes 10 to decrease flow by .1gpm).

I found a place locally that sells 7/16" id and 9/16" od tubing, but it's food grade pvc tubing from a beer and wine supplies store. :)
I'm not sure how it would hold up in a water cooling loop.

IMG_1288.jpg

Primo Vs. Feser..

i like fesser tubing as well... havent had problems with it yet... however fesser feels softer, primo bends better.

I gave up on tygon a few years ago, when i learned, its impossible NOT to cloud.

I moved the pump up into the drive area and man was it a pain to bleed the air out. Boiling the tubing worked like a charm and I think i have it set up the way i like it. I had enough room to put a shroud betwen the intake fans and the radiator. I got rid of the zip ties too and replaced them all with worm clamps.

Here's an action shot of it now, after leak testing it of course.
wc_comp1.jpg

Back