• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season VI March: Unigine Heaven HWBot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hold my taco, I got this!

What settings do we run it in? Just whatever is up when you run it? Do i start at default settings and hit "F9" to nenchmark?

Nope, don't select the heaven benchmark shorcut, start it with the HWBot Unigine shortcut and you'll be given two optios you want heven xtreme DX11

I know ;( NOOB question:facepalm:

The render test helps the bench score right.

If you're talking about the render test from GPUz that you see in Metal's post then no that just puts the card to full speed for a SS

I hope to finish up the benching of my Asus HD-6870's DCU (V-Tweak will go to 1.9) today :) I will then roll into my NVidia Collection :thup: The base system is a i7-8700k @ 5.3/5.0 and the Memory @ 3886 16-19-19-28 1T.

MaddMutt / HD-6870 CF / AIR / 1829.623

3D Heaven DX11.png

If anyone has problems with this benchmark then try 'typical' installation file, ignore cpu-z, set your region/language in Windows as English UK or US and be sure that there is no font installation error during the installation. If you have any non-English OS then benchmark will crash if you don't change your OS region settings.
It works fine on Win7, 8, 10 and server series.

You might be able to just disable the driver in task manager then you won't need to pull out the card.

Did a little curiosity test, looks like the difference between Win10 and Win7 is negligible.

Johan45/ RX580/ AIR/ 3292.635

Win10/ 3286.178

I had up to 400 points better scores on Win7 on new nvidia cards like GTX1080Ti or RTX2060. I guess it depends on gpu series and drivers but if anyone has 2 OS then can check.

I will add something on Vega56 when I play some more with this card. Made quick run yesterday but forgot to save. Was 5100 or something. Will try to beat ED 2080Ti score :D

Last edited:
If anyone has problems with this benchmark then try 'typical' installation file, ignore cpu-z, set your region/language in Windows as English UK or US and be sure that there is no font installation error during the installation. If you have any non-English OS then benchmark will crash if you don't change your OS region settings.
It works fine on Win7, 8, 10 and server series.

I had up to 400 points better scores on Win7 on new nvidia cards like GTX1080Ti or RTX2060. I guess it depends on gpu series and drivers but if anyone has 2 OS then can check.

I will add something on Vega56 when I play some more with this card. Made quick run yesterday but forgot to save. Was 5100 or something. Will try to beat ED 2080Ti score :D

This was just a straight comparison on AMD with the same 19.22 drivers just OS specific. Of course drivers have a huge impact and through extensive homework I'm sure I could find an outstanding Win7 driver for the RX 580

Woomack / Vega 56 Nano / air / 6529.822

U.jpg

That's all for today. Maybe will make some more or maybe I will move to Win7 to check if is better on this card.

I'm still at it :) I must like being the underdog :facepalm: I might just find the right combination that will work :thup:
I was going to start my NVidia Collection but I just got in my Second (2) XFX HD-5850 Black Edition. I hope to run them in CF for some awesome point's :) I also have a XFX HD-5850 XXX Edition that is not stable over 800MHz :(

MaddMutt / HD-7870 / AIR / 1744.234

3D Heaven Dx11...1744.234.png

Last edited:
Sir MaddMutt, did you forget to include a screenshot? Only score in your post:pics:

I have a 9800gt:D

Sir MaddMutt, did you forget to include a screenshot? Only score in your post:pics:

I have a 9800gt:D

I'm pretty sure the 9800 GT WON'T run this benchmark. I think it's limited to DX10

OK, the OP is updated, if I have missed anyone just let me know.

Woomack / Vega 56 Nano / stock air / 6722.584

Ha! passed Joe :D (I know it can't match with overclocked 2080Ti but I just wanted to check if I can reach stock one ;) )

11.jpg

Sapphire Pulse Vega56 (nano PCB) gpu@1747MHz(boost up to 1800+), mem@1050 (Hynix HMB :( ), card flashed with Sapphire Nitro+ Vega64 BIOS, all on stock Sapphire cooler at about 3150 rpm :)

Run it in DX9 - It will make you feel better :)
Nvidia 8800->GTX-295 is DX_9 and DX_10
AMD HD-2000->HD-4890 is DX_9 and DX_10
IIRC Nvidia GTX-400 and GTX-500 and AMD HD-5000 and HD-6000 are DX_11 - Nvidia GTX-600 and up and AMD HD-7000 and up are DX_11 and DX_12.

Back