• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: March, Unigine Heaven , Xtreme Preset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I have a question about Adjusting LOD ........ when is it too much. Will it crash the benchmark? When you pushing on the limit when is too much?

only inspector has lod.

bassnut, i just found that you gained nothing beyond what gave the best score, no corrupting or bsod's.

only in inspector and you also have to have the anti-aliasing transparency supersampling set to "AA replay mode all

only inspector has lod.

bassnut, i just found that you gained nothing beyond what gave the best score, no corrupting or bsod's.

Tanks CD ....... That helps. I can't believe ..... almost 700 extra points and counting.,

also know that you cant always just set lod and then set clocks to a given number, the max clocks can change when running lod. not a ton, but they can change for better or worse

Yes I have already found that out ...... its all good and for fun Im not gonna spend huge amounts of time at this.

these monthly events have done wonders for getting some of us working the benches and learning. thats what they are about.

great to see the good work being put in and all the learning that is going on. hats off to all that are putting some time in

CADDI DADDI| GTX770| SINGLE| AIR| 2574.389

with this you can't just say, set this to that, it's start some where around this.
one of the important little items that applies to all of us is to crank the fans to 100%, I allways forget this till the gpu face plants 3/4 through the bench...........

Attachments

• bench.JPG
    bench.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 60
you need to realize that when you spin the fans to 100% you are eating up part of your power target if on a card with a power target. if you can get a fan to stay just outside of the gpu fans you can just keep them as low as you can get them and usually get a bit more clocks. my gtx970 stays cool enough that its fans stay at 0% while benching

then I'll put the fans i use with sli/crossfire back in and try this again saturday night, I really would like to get a +100mgz clock out of this gtx770sc card.

bassnut / GTX970 / 1 / Stock / 3973.041

Been trying this am to crack the 4000 mark but can't quite get there ....... yet. My last 2 runs crashed right at the end gonna take a break for now and get some stuff done around the house.

RUN2.png

Thanks Manny ...... took a bit to get LOD working right but once that got out of the way things went ok though there is bit of a learning curve with it.Not sure if I will break the 4000 mark but I still have a bit of time.

is 1902 the best your vram will do, I'm in the low 2000's and it still has not petered out, that 1369 chip clock is sure nice!

Thanks Manny ...... took a bit to get LOD working right but once that got out of the way things went ok though there is bit of a learning curve with it.Not sure if I will break the 4000 mark but I still have a bit of time.
Come on Bassnut you're not going to let me beat you with a GTX 780 are you? Shut the HT off on the Cpu and turn that bad boy up a bit, it will help.

Back