• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

micron changing revision/ get it while u can

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

a fellow whom i trust just pm'dto let me know micron has done a revision on the really fine 46v32m8 -5b chips, seems it is increasing the yield but the overclock is not as good. so if u were thinking about some of the eb series ocz memory or some of the kvr with these chips now may be the time to get it... flapper

Arg that means I have to get some soooooooon. I'm back in Toronto in a week and a bit so I'll hit up best buy and the little shops :D

Steve

Dang I saw that coming too. First 3700EB disappeard soon after its arrival and can barely find 3500eb any longer. That was a short lived product :bang head

yep i have to go to home depot to get some rebar for the tomatoes. theres a best buy and circuit city near there im gonna pick up a set myself. hey mrspec do u know how hi the ocz eb3700 will oc? if i can swing it i might just get a set..

I didn't realize that the OCZ EB line was getting hard to find.

I picked up a dual pack of the KVR stuff yesterday, but I had a heck of a time finding it in our local stores, and I visited each one at least twice over a two week period. I traveled south this weekend and stopped at a couple of stores in the Daytona area and found one pack only. Right now, newegg, with the Bufallo or the Crucial ram, seems to be about the best choice and who knows how long that will last. I would have liked to have gotten two dual packs, just in case I wanted to fully populate an Intel rig. I guess that I'll just have to look in less traveled stores and see if I get lucky. Good luck to everyone else.

Maybe OCZ will swing something with them to get a huge stock of the good chips to keep the EB line going. But we don't know how bad or good these new chips overclock so it may not be that bad. I should see what I can find out :D

Steve

alright, so in light of this news i have a scenario for you guys. If you had intended on getting a gig kit of the 3700eb, would you settle for a 512mb kit instead, getting it while you can OR would you just wait and see what happens with the new batch??

I'd really like to have a gig i guess, but at the same time i dont want to miss out on the "good" stuff too! decisions decisions!

In my opinion, it would depend on whether you "need" a gig to run your apps and/or games, or if you're like me, and would just prefer to have a gig. If you have the need, then it would do you no good to just get 2 x 256.

I would say that if that's the case (have the need), then wait and try to find a gig of the PC3700, or wait for the new stuff, or whatever else best suits your needs if the new Micron based EB doesn't look as good.

just got back checking bb and cc NUTHING. although i found a 512 stick of centon pc2700 with extreme ddr chips on it. didnt buy it.anyone know something about these chips?

just saw some buffalo 512 modules for 89.00 with the micron chips at newegg. now that is a good deal 180.00 for a gig. now im sure it aint gonna run like the ocz primo but i bet it does darn well...

Woah, that sucks, the EB is fine ram. Any idea on how much of a hit there is on the overclockability of these new chips flapperhead?

Buffalo's web site shows their ram to have the Micron chips, Revision "C", so my hunch is that it is the same stuff as what is in the valueram that flapper has been testing. I would not be a big surprise if it was, after all, they used to put bh-5 chips in their ram, as well.

Back