• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Q6600 g0 on an Ubercomputer (3dmark06: better than 100% of all systems tested)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just ran 3dmark again and I got 18426 marks and I rank number 1654 out of all systems test... if only I knew how to properly submit the results with a linkable page

nice, I want to assume, but thought I'd ask, are you on SLI'd Ultras? I remember seeing that a few posts back.

Yes I'm on SLI'd ultras...

I'm getting video crashes when stressing all cores with prime95 at 3.6ghz.... I have beem steadily upping the vcore and it seemes to make it more stable, i'm onw at 1.575 (bios) 1.488 cpuz, and the highest temps are 74 for two cores.

Now I'm trying to figure out how far my ram can go, but I can't for the life of me find some posts about people who have my ram and have overclocked it.... I don't know the maximum voltage and I don't have anytihng to compare it with.... I'm assuming it can do 1100, and I think I can take the voltage up to about 2.4 but I'm not quite sure.... I need to find a readme on D9 chips, I think mines are D9.... But searching google and this forum havent yeilded anything so far :/

omg. Aren't you on the EVGA 680i A1 board? I remember this from a while back. You should do the pencil vdroop mod. You don't need to be at 1.575 for 3.6ghz!! Scary. I'm at 1.44v doing 3.6ghz, I suspect it's the vdroop holding you back. I'd look into that...

BUT... it could also be that you have 4GB of RAM (based on your ORB anyway). 4 sticks of ram stresses the NB and does some wacky stuff.

yes I'm on the evga A1 but I don't believe a vdroop mod is going to help me much... why would it help? All it is is the difference between bios voltage and actual voltage output... its a gap... why would closing the gap help stability?

Because on load, your vcore is dropped/decreased, and becomes unstable. So what happens is you increase your voltage in your bios.

With a vdroop fixed, you can stay at 1.4375v for example, not requiring you to go to 1.55+v just to be stable.

The 680i's have a weird strapping issue that creates a FSB wall, clock from 1550FSB and up, people usually recommend to start at 1600FSB, then move up from that.

Yeah, I've decided to do this mod... I just have to get my ohm sensor here.... and I'll stick in the MX2 paste that I bought and post up the results.

Can I get a full 100ohms with a #2 pencil or will I need to go out and buy some sort of kit to get the full 100 ohms?

Currently running at 1.575 bios 1.488 cpuz...

core0: 72C
core1: 67C
core2: 67C
core3: 72C

nvidia sensor: 66C

Yeah, I've decided to do this mod... I just have to get my ohm sensor here.... and I'll stick in the MX2 paste that I bought and post up the results.

Can I get a full 100ohms with a #2 pencil or will I need to go out and buy some sort of kit to get the full 100 ohms?

I would try doing it with a soft lead No 2 pencil (2B) first and see what the results are before you go in commando doing a more difficult mod :D

what is that vcore mod though? is it just to increase the max vcore?

Do I need to do both these mods for the correct vdroop fix?

Last edited:
I'm holding out on modding this mobo because there's not enough info for the mod.... I don't know if it wants me to ADD 100 ohms or if it should be 100ohms total? And what about this vcore mod, dosen't say exactly what that does... as soon as I figure our the answers to these questions I'll do the mod...

Ok, apparently I'm supposed to add 100 ohms, I did the mod and am now getting 1.5 volts in the bios sense when I set it at 1.5

There's one problem, the motherboard seems to up the voltage when the cpu's are being stressed... so it's a reverse droop...

Right now I have it set at 1.487 in bios and its showing up as 1.488 in cpuz running stock but as soon as I stress the cores, the voltage upps to 1.496, a difference of .008

Last edited:
Ok, apparently I'm supposed to add 100 ohms, I did the mod and am now getting 1.5 volts in the bios sense when I set it at 1.5

There's one problem, the motherboard seems to up the voltage when the cpu's are being stressed... so it's a reverse droop...

Right now I have it set at 1.487 in bios and its showing up as 1.488 in cpuz running stock but as soon as I stress the cores, the voltage upps to 1.496, a difference of .008

now this is just awesome, getting that extra voltage when needed the most rather than dumbing aditional heat at idle. I wish all new motherboards will come with a similar feature.

That is not at all hard to do on ANY setup. Intel has speedstep and AMD has CNQ... you can use these sytems to regulate CPU clocks and voltages.

A simple program can set up how speedstep and CNQ work... its called crystalcpuid and it can be downloaded here:
http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html

Setting it up can be tricky but you can tell it to up your voltage when you need it.

You just use a #2 pencil, choose one of the resistor, and just draw over it.

I have it set as 1.45v in bios, it's 1.45v on load, 1.44v on idle. Love this mod.

Vcore mod is to allow greater voltages, not needed, unless you're going phase or something extravagant. And with that mod, you will need a sensor to properly do it.

Yeah, I'm loving this mod too... I'm now running at 3.65ghz at 1.488 and the temp are as follows:

core0: 69
core1: 68
core2: 67
core3: 67

I have one big problem though, I decided I wanted to find a program that can draw a graph of the temperature and possibly keep a record of the average temperature recorded, just to see if there are fluctuations and to see if I can push the cores higher than 3.65.... So I downloaded speedfan....

The problem is that the speedfan temperatures are way lower than the temperatures of coretemp, which is what I have been using to report multi core temps so far... Speedfan reads the temps as:

Core0: 54
core1: 51
core2: 52
core3: 52

I'm going to look around these forums for why this is happening.....

Back