• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recomendation : Skt 939 Mobo for Dual core AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIN23

Registered
Hi all

well it seems my ABIT AX8 is tired and will not play ball with my new dual core X2 3800, which leaves me a bit stuffed.

i cant RMA the chip and the skt 939 mobos are getting thinner on the ground.

Anybody recommend a good class of mobo which works with 939 and DDR ram?

Its either that or redo my whole system with an AM2 chip.

or the other thing is does anybody want to but a 10 day old X2 3800 retail version for £70 in the UK? hehe ;)

I have been looking at thisoxcon board.. anybody have experience with them?http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/95354/rb/25811589688

are you looking for 'budget,' too?

afaik the recommendations for good+stable went something like a8n32-sli, dfi's nforce4 939's, abit an832. i got my motherboard from ebay for ~$50 boxed, which was the main reason i decided to get it. :) but they generally aren't in the budget range for prices, which i have no idea about.

also, does your mobo have the newest bios in there? i don't about your specific model, but some motherboards had bios releases later on to support dual-core procs.

If indeed you need a different board, get the DFI NF4 Ultra-D. I don't think one person can dispute it's performance in OC'ing. I switched to it myself about a month ago, and have been very happy with the results.

another vote for dfi's nf4 boards if you really want high oc'ing abilities. However if you arent you can probably get something less complicated and finicky (at least my expert is)

Back