• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU and MB, need help with network problem PLEASE :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xanthan

Disabled
I just upgraded my CPU/MB to a duron 900 and FIC AZ111e, when i try to install my kingston kne 111tx network card the computer locks up.

I installed my linksys network card with zero problems but i need the kingston for my DSL. i use the linksys for my home network.

please help, any suggestions very much appreciated.

thank you, Xan.

try a different slot, if possible.. i find that PCI 3 is usually shared with something or other and causes problems. Check your drivers, and if the card's got jumpers, check that they're in Plug-N-Pray mode, or check that they don't conflict.

i have tried 3 diferent pci slots, am using the newest drivers from kingston, dont see any jumpers on the card hehe...

grr this is driving me crazy :(

thansk for trying.

Xan

Any Lights on? Try connecting it up to something to see if you get a linklite & activity. If so, then it's got power.

Even so, I'm betting it's probably dead... you only need a 10Meg network card for Cable/DSL, and they're real cheap nowadays. I can't think of anything else that could be causing something like that. :(

well i got around it hehe. i am using the 2 linksys nic's in my main computer and the kingston in my secondary. was a bit of a pain setting them up though since thye both had the exact name hehe

Back