• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Koolance Watercooled Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Post tomorrow PM, busy, Relatives in Vegas, gotta go lose money.......... Fight traffic etc........

I dunno, give it a whirl? What you use, the time on the test, the trusted measure is all that matters. Not even a screenshot, just numbrs.

Your inituial reaponse was wandering,had to uberstand.

Ambients
Idle CPU GPU
Load 30 min CPU GPU

DO as you need to, off to gamble...and lose.

Nah dont worry about it mate. All good. And i am more than happy with it.

Take care Con. :)

New product from Koolance:

TMS-200 Software Thermal Interface Controller - provides convenient software control over temperature feedback, pump speeds, and fan speeds.

Question for you boffins? As the temp sensor can obviously have 2-5 degrees variance...What are you using to get actuals???

Using HW monitor as a temp measurement device is good - Gives you CPU core temps only right?

Last edited:
I had to look up what a boffin was...

A quick google of the product later I think that the temp sensors are like the temp sensors on fan controllers, you just put them where you want them...then i suppose you just set them relative to your hardware temps or smn...idk, seems like more marketing from koolance for the most part (there are a few merits though, don't get me wrong, it's just too much price imo)

My question was...

Question for you boffins? As the temp sensor can obviously have 2-5 degrees variance...What are you using to get actuals???

Using HW monitor as a temp measurement device is good - Gives you CPU core temps only right?

ie What about Graphics card temps, Mobo etc? Is there anything like HW monitor that gives you actuals without affixing a temp sensor...???

oh...I thought this was in reference to the koolance doodle. For accurate temps I trust MSI Afterburner for gfx (or, close enough to trust) and realtemp for intel CPUs. That said, the sensors are calibrated for the high end of the scale, not the low, so the lower it is, the less I trust it (though, the screen where all my cores were <= 27C is still awsm). For mobo I just use HWMonitor...but you've gotta know what you're looking at in there, it's the odd named ones you've gotta decrypt. For my heads up I use everest, despite the fact I know it's a couple C off, it's close enough that I don't really care and it's good to just keep an eye on things.

hope this one actually helps :)

Adding Koolance's new RP-450X2 which is a dual 5.25" bay reservoir, with two Koolance PMP-450S pumps.

you realize that http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=20655 and http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=22586 are the same thing, correct? Have you looked at the xpsc dual bays? The koolance looks like it shares water between the 2 sides while maintaining dual outs, essentially defeating the purpose of a dual loop...

EDIT: This is your pump
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=25773
here's the identical swifty http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...e=product_info&cPath=59_201&products_id=28303
the xspc's use 355's not 655's, but with the aftermarket top that is built into the rest they perform like a 655.

Mor...Yep your spot on and yes I considered other products.

Whats your fricking point?...cmon mate...This is a Koolance Rig Post...Its about Koolance kit to give people here a view on how this gear goes...

Will my choices not do the job? Does it look better? Would they cool better?

I shouldnt have to explain here that i already had Koolance 2 x PMP-450S pumps and i am trying to utilise those. Also, the new Koolance TMS-200 will only work with PMP-450 or 450S's.

Last edited:
aight, last post in this thread: Ma b. I try to play devil's advocate a little, challenge people to justify the reasoning behind their choices, it leads to better builds, more educated people, and (selfishly) less work when the noobies come around because everyone knows what they're talking about. I don't know how you expected me to know that you had those pumps, I just read back through the entire thread and saw no mention of the pumps except in the original post (edited today, mind you) and your post that I quoted. I suggested the 655's over the koolances because they are significantly cheaper and the exact same product.

As for the res, I was trying to make sure you were aware of all of your options. There are about a gazillion and one products out there for watercooling, some are good, some are not, and some are interchangable. In the case of that res i would say if the water is shared it is a bad product and if the water isn't then it's interchangable with the xspc for ddc's.

Anyways, sorry to have offended you to the point where you felt it necessary to lash out at me personally. Like I said, last post in this thread. Enjoy your build.

I am not trying to flame you...I am saying this is a Koolance Post!

The original post was edited to include the pic mate.

I agree with your points about dual reservoirs. But this product is dual pump..not reservoir.

Anyway nevermind...my last post here too.

Last edited:
I am not trying to flame you...I am saying this is a Koolance Post!

The original post was edited to include the pic mate.

I agree with your points about dual reservoirs. Simple. And I will use a Koolance TNK-240-V2 reservoir instead.

Anyway nevermind...my last post here too.

i was going to build a koolance system till i came to this site. now i dont look back

Back