• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member - my rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What sort of monitor setup is that monster driving?! Also, do the quad 480's work for anything but 3dmark 06? That was all they worked for last I heard...

What sort of monitor setup is that monster driving?! Also, do the quad 480's work for anything but 3dmark 06? That was all they worked for last I heard...

See sig ;) ....I'm keeping my eyes open for either a couple more 24" ers or maybe go to 3 27" down the road when I can afford it.

They seem to work fine in most of the games I have, there is a few they don't work well or at all in but the drivers will hopefully get better.

I don't fold with this puppy, the electric bill would be grounds for divorce!...lol

your neighbors have gotta have at least ONE of those outdoor outlets, just grab an extension cord, paint it green/brown and you're in business ;)

I like the big...black...long...tubing...oooo...feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Great idea about mounting the rad - good stuff. GPU's...u mentioned u had no space to put an 1/2 exit on the bottom GPU...looking the pic, a bitspower 90degrees fitting would of down the job...if not then a low profile 90degs could also do it...mind u...ur current setup looks so freeking nice...changing the to last GPU would not look as good - so good choice. I think I'm love with your metal thread back2back metal line. (I feel like bex after she OCed the 980x for the first time;-)

Hehe, are you on a 20A breaker or just a 15? I've heard those silverstones (fully loaded) will trip a breaker...because they're designed to put out 1500w after the efficiency loss (like all psu's), so they can draw close on 2000w at full load, add some monitors, maybe a printer, you're way over your 15a

What, is that PSU 75% efficicent :p ??? 1500W * 1.2 (80% efficiency) = 1800W, less if its more efficient than that. But yeah, I heard the saaaame thing... LOL. But hell if you can afford that rig, you can afford adding a 20A line in your home!!!

What, is that PSU 75% efficicent :p ??? 1500W * 1.2 (80% efficiency) = 1800W, less if its more efficient than that. But yeah, I heard the saaaame thing... LOL. But hell if you can afford that rig, you can afford adding a 20A line in your home!!!

Well, I'm no electrician, but I've heard that you can just refit the line that you've got and get a new breakerbox

I never said they were under 50c running Furmark, they hit around 63-65c when OC'd to 1740/2000 and 57-59c stock with Furmark, however I haven't found a game yet that takes them over 50-53c when OC'd and right around the 50 mark stock.

My mistake, I assumed when you said load temps you meant load temps.

So neat... so powerful .... so expensive....that makes me ..... so envy. :rain:

Excellent job on an excellent rig!

I wish you can use that for folding though. :cool::cool:

very nice build :salute:

just wondering does the psu keep up with that much awesomeness?

also what do you use that computer for? let me guess... you cook brekkie with them 480s :D

very nice but i get idle temps of 22-28 and at full load never over 42
but thats all i got that beats your rig lol
very nice rig dude, i wish i could afford to do that

Lol...nahh...it's solid as a rock, the rad is just tilted abit because the tubing has a little slack in it causing it push on the rad, I'll probably refit the tubing on the first coolant change.

Oh I wasn't pickin' on you, just an observation. Amazing rig, I can't even imagine how it must game.

I like the big...black...long...tubing...oooo...feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Great idea about mounting the rad - good stuff. GPU's...u mentioned u had no space to put an 1/2 exit on the bottom GPU...looking the pic, a bitspower 90degrees fitting would of down the job...if not then a low profile 90degs could also do it...mind u...ur current setup looks so freeking nice...changing the to last GPU would not look as good - so good choice. I think I'm love with your metal thread back2back metal line. (I feel like bex after she OCed the 980x for the first time;-)

Thanks for the kind comments, believe it or not, even low profilefittings wouldn't fit at the bottom, besides, the flow would be more restrictive then the current set up and of course, it does look better this way IMHO ;)

Hehe, are you on a 20A breaker or just a 15? I've heard those silverstones (fully loaded) will trip a breaker...because they're designed to put out 1500w after the efficiency loss (like all psu's), so they can draw close on 2000w at full load, add some monitors, maybe a printer, you're way over your 15a

It is only a 15A for now, I've only managed to pop the breaker once (so far!) when doing some serious stress testing at 4.6GHz and overvolting the GPU's, but under real life conditions (gaming and such) I haven't had any issues at the 24/7 setting of 4.2GHz and OC'ed GPU's @ 1700/2000.

Back