• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danielb

I have a 700Mhz processor and a microstar 6178 motherboard.(which can be overclocked)

My Bios is an AMI but there are no settings to change the parameters.
I looked for upgrades but there are none not even the ami bios i already have???

However my motherboard model was also sold with an AWARD bios, even the manual says it has an AWARD bios. How can i change from AMI to AWARD?

Nothing happens when i put a start up floppy with the bios on. :(

Why are you so sure that your motherboard can be overclocked?

Once you have a certain BIOS you can only flash it with a newer version, its highly unlikely that a different BIOS manufacturer will work (eg. AMI over AWARD). If there are any updated for your BIOS, you need to put them on a bootable floppy as well as the program needed to flash it over your current one.

My instructions say to remove a jumper to allow overclocking.

Yeah i no how to flash,

:( can only find one version of an AMI and all the rest of the updates are award.

cheers

Well yes and no really, i flashed it with the wrong one, (One the manufacturer told me to use) I knew it wouldnt work. The one i know it is is no bloody where. Ive told the them one i need and im waiting for a reply.

So i have to wipe the CMOS to turn the comp on, i cant set the time and the worst thing is i have no mouse. Still at least im a dab hand on the keyboard now ay :).

Back