• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now that my rig is alive, how do I go about overclocking it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why x9 when my cpu can do x10? Btw, when I try to do 1:1, it gives me freaky high mhz. Even if I am on x9...

Btw, I cant seem to get it stable any higher than 3.6. Any advice?

Did you try following my instructions?

That is the only way to isolate your problem and figure out if the problem is FSB, RAM or CPU top end related.

You might need GTL Ref Voltage or something weird.

if your ram was running 1:1, you should be only hitting 750mhz if your FSB is running 375

and just because it will do 10x does it really matter ??
mine will do 9x, but i prefer to run my ram 1:1 and i dont want to pump any more voltage to take it to 3.6ghz

overclocking is a slow process and not something that you will achieve overnight....sometimes you just have to find that sweetspot or set a limit for yourself. i was running 3.6 for awhile, but the extra heat put out by the extra voltage required for it wasnt worth it to me.

read the stickies and all the info you can about overclocking...

Yeah, I was talking to JamesXP about that on msn. Whenever I put my ram 1:1, it gives me and I have my fsb around 1250, my ram goes really high, like 1100 or something.

Back