• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-•=» Project: Illuminati Unleashed «=•-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
while i was pulling parts out of my PC to prep it for WC, i had a crazy freakin idea to mount the floppy drive in the second PSU bracket above the motherboard... so i grabbed a sheet of 1/16" aluminum that i had, cut it out on the scroll saw, drilled a few holes, and bam! you have the sickest floppy drive relocation that i've ever seen :attn:

ill_40.jpg

ill_41.jpg

ill_42.jpg

ill_43.jpg

got my 2 Alphacool Delrin Repack reservoirs mounted (sexy, eh?)

ill_44.jpg

got my 2 DDC-2 pumps mounted to run in series - i have a 12x12" sheet of 1/2" clear gel rubber coming from mcmaster (same stuff as petras tech "gel stuff") that i'm going to put behind/under the pumps to isolate vibration from the case

ill_45.jpg

i also drilled out all the holes in the original hard drive rack, and added rubber grommets to it - i will actually be using this for the hard drives, and you'll see how its all going to work out once i get some 2" 6-32 threaded standoffs from mcmaster

ill_49.jpg

... and i got my PA 120.3 w/ shouds mounted

ill_46.jpg

last pic: this is my computer as it currently sits while i prep/mod my case for water cooling

ill_47.jpg

I finished re-installing the PA 120.3 minus the shrouds (they just took up so much damn room!), and also installed the BIX II while I was at it:

ill_50.jpg

ill_51.jpg

ill_52.jpg

got my pumps sleeved and then mounted with petras "gel stuff" underneath them (not from petras - but the exact same stuff from mcmaster-carr)

ill_53.jpg

and also replaced the socket cap M4 threaded screws on the alphacool delrin repack reservoirs with black oxide button head M4 screws:

ill_54.jpg

mag II LE sucks, period.

mine also has issues not starting, so im calling DD tomorrow to hopefully return the pump, or use credit from it to pay for part of another DDC from them

good to kno...i was wondering about em since i first saw them, and thought they might be crap....no pump that small could be good......except the DDC (its bigger i think though....right?)

finished plumbing the loop:

ill_59.jpg

ill_60.jpg

ill_61.jpg

and some classic waterblock pr0n:
ill_58.jpg

and yes... the DDC is bigger, and its made by Laing Thermotech, Inc. - people who have REAL experience making pumps

What pump are you going to use for your GPU loop now? Also, where did you get the metal barbs for your PA 120.3?

Last edited:
finally got it filled up and is currently bleeding/leak testing

and damn! that reservoir looks freakin' hot when its filled up!

ill__wc_1.jpg

ill__wc_2.jpg

ill__wc_3.jpg

ill__wc_4.jpg

ill__wc_5.jpg

ill__wc_6.jpg

What liquid are you pumping through there? Looks a lot more green than mine :(

Back