• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-•=» Project: Illuminati Unleashed «=•-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok... after two days of running my WC loop on and off (not attached to components yet), i've become disappointed in the alphacool repack reservoirs - yes, they look amazing, but after running them, especially with two pumps, theres just not enough room for bubbles to go anywhere in them, and the air just recirculates back into the loop and gets stuck in the top plenum chamber of my PA 120.3

i'm either going to pick up 2 of the alphacool cape bulleye delrin reservoirs (the round ones), 2 clear acrylic danger den 5.25" bay reservoirs, or 2 swiftech mcres-micros to replace them

i just can't justify the looks of something when it doesn't function as it should/do its job properly (well, i guess it does its job as a reservoir - it holds water, but it SUCKS for bleeding air out of the loop, and i've tried EVERYTHING to try and get air bled out with this res, and it just isn't going to happen :mad: )

I am sure you have, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Your reservoir looked kind of full...have you tried lowering the water level in your reservoir?

tried lowering the water level to allow more bubbles to stop at the top, but it just sucked more air in from the top of the water because 2 pumps = too strong of a suction i guess

the what i did last night when i just gave up, was put the reservoir pointing straight up, pulled off the acrylic front, topped it off til it hit the o-ring, and then re-attached the front, spilling any leftover water, and leaving ZERO air in the res

but now whatever air was in the loop just goes straight through the res and back to the pump inlet, and recirculates, you can see it right through the tubing, and you can definitely hear it

anyways, i ordered 2 mcres-micro's last night and have a decent plan for them (mounting and tubing wise)

and hainer, the only reason i didn't go with one like that is because i'm looking to keep each of the loops completely separate from eachother

and thoes alphacool cape coolplex reservoirs are nice looking, but aluminum end caps = no thanks!

my guess is for more head pressure for faster flow rate for lower temps for more voltage for higher clock speeds!

got my swiftech mcres-micro's in from SVC today:

ill_wc_7.jpg

ill_wc_8.jpg

ill_wc_9.jpg

ill_wc_10.jpg

now hopefully it works better then the repack's at bleeding... we will see later tonight

How to you like your DDC-2 (stock and with AlphaCool top) compared to the 655 you had earlier? If I decide to do water cooling Im deciding on those pump and you seem to have expereince with both.

the DDC-2's the the acrylic tops rape the D5's as far as pressure is concerned - much better pumps overall

got the first loop (CPU) filled and fully bleeded with one of the swiftech mcres-micro's tonight - res works great, but i got one defective one that had bad threads in the plexi of the res (fittings were fine) and the threads of the fitting would just slip out like it was nothing (never overtightened, etc.) and the other res was fine

already ordered a new res to replace it, i'm not even going to bother with attempting to RMA something with SVC after the stories i've heard

ill_wc_11.jpg

then later i drilled a few holes to re-mount the mcres-micro in order to clear up the 2 5.25" bays below them for optical drives

ill_wc_12.jpg

cooltechnica also should be shipping my 2 MP-1 GPU blocks on monday or tuesday after a slight delay with mounting hardware not being in stock

Looks good. Why did you opt for a res instead of a t-line? I chose to buy a second D5 for use in my new loop instead of buying two DDC+'s, acrylic tops, drill bits...etc. I know the DDC+'s in series will be better than two D5's in series, but how much of a real world difference do you think it will/would make?

BTW, I also had a delay on my shipment from cooltechnica because they didn't have the o-rings for the metal barbs I ordered.

Sneaky said:
the DDC-2's the the acrylic tops rape the D5's as far as pressure is concerned - much better pumps overall

Thanks for the info! Where did you get your DDC Rev. 2? i cant seem to find those.. and the AlphaCool Acrylic tops (performance pc>?)

Very nice. What tubing is it? Tygon? Masterkleer?

Oh, and where is your computer actually going to be in that box that seeems exclusively used for WCing? lol

i got the DDC-2 from danger den, and the acrylic tops freom voyeurmods

and thats masterkleer 1/2" ID x 13/16" OD tubing (the biggest OD on 1/2" tubing thats within reason) - kickass bend radius, doesn't stain, and it was cheap! (plus i got a the quantity discount from mcmaster because i ordered 100ft of it at once :))

you'll see where the PC goes in that box LOL - its gonna be a hella tight fit by the hard drives and opticals for cables, but IT WILL FIT! i'll make it all work!

Back