• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Guzuta

Registered
Hey, just wondering:

I have a 512MBx2 set of OCZ EL PC-3200 Platinum Edition Rev. 2. I thought the stock timing were supposed to be 2-2-2-5, but in CPU-Z, on the SPD tab the timings are reading as 2-2-3-5. Is this normal? I thought maybe I had been sold Rev. 1 sticks instead, but the part number is reading as OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K, so that is correct.

SPD can be programmed wrong, or just read wrong by the board. It happens. I wouldn't worry about that.

What I would worry about is if you set it to 2-2-2-5 and it didn't work properly.

Know Nuttin said:
SPD can be programmed wrong, or just read wrong by the board. It happens. I wouldn't worry about that.

What I would worry about is if you set it to 2-2-2-5 and it didn't work properly.

Yupper

Set the timings to 2-2-2-5 and run Memtest86. If you can do that for several hours without a single error, you're good to go. :)

Back