• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC 3DMark2001SE Team Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I saw it once or twice when benching the ES in WinXP. The result would come out too low, not too high, and it was around 60-70 fps. But I didn't bench in WinXP for very long that time. Those headaches were enough for me to give up on it. With 2K3 things got a lot smoother, and I haven't encountered it since. In fact I did do several runs in WinXP at the clocks you see above and didn't have it occuring either. (FYI XP is around 800 points slower) I spent probably about 12 hours to get that run, it wasn't a hack job, and probably the fastest clock for clock result on the orb, at least on the first page for sure. Heck, I can beat Pedro Rocha himself by around 1.5k at the same speeds with my parameters...:shrug:

Gautam that is a pwnage score for sure, just wonderin if you noticed that. One can never have too many points ;)

That is true...:)...but I have a feeling you won't have it happening when you try win2k3. Instead, drag will always be high. ;)

It's not that I've got any special affinity to 2K3, but I'll admit it's growing on me. It's more just that I'll do anything possible to avoid XP. :D

Sorry if I sounded too defensive but I really felt this to be one of my best runs ever. Normally I just use the usual tweaks, order etc and submit a score. Only a few times have I spent several days to get a run with all pieces in place, and this was one of them. With the amount of times I tried different LOD and Cat AI levels on each test, I should have caught it. Like I said I did once last month. I believe this score from Mike exhibits it. He got a 72k at similar clocks, and says he couldn't explain what went wrong in this one, but something definitely did. (Every test LODed appropriately) The drags are somewhere around 70 fps too low apiece. I *think* it might be an issue with the older cats only, because using 6.6 betas and 6.7 in both XP and 2K3, I never caught it regardless.

That proves nothing of the kind in optimization, you've got the fastest score by a mile below 3.5GHz. :D I prefer looking at this one instead. :p (I've beaten the lobbies easily in WinXP)

Attachments

• compare.JPG
    compare.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 128

so server 2003 is (proved) good for Pi and now 01...

would you say it is: =, <, or > XP in 03, 05, 06 ?

as i seem to be in (desperate) need of a format/clean install, im thinking i might just try server but would hate to hurt 3x benchmarks just to make 2x better.

have you run into any driver / software problems on 2003?

Last edited:
When briefly running the 7600GS in server 03, I could not get runs FM approved. :( Thus I didn't test extensively. The last time I compared was with an X800Pro in 3DMark05 last year...it was a consistent 30-50 points faster. I suppose that'd translate into 100-200 pts with these setups- if we could get them approved. For now I just used XP for all the others to be safe.

hummmm non aproved..:(.. after dealing with "that" since Merom and just now (finally) getting Conroe approved/postable, i suppose ill stick with XP (for now).

i guess there is just no way around it, i need to get the MachII and the V/J TEC back on these cards if i want to put up any "good" #s.

thanks for the info :thup:

:D Already officially started gaming on mine, tonight the Zippy gets the fan swap and all side panels go back on. The benchies are all yours for the taking. :p GL...

And Mark, wtf is up with the X6800? TankGuys doesn't even seem to list Conroes anymore? Any clue on what the story is? For your years of dominating all our top spots I guess no one deserves a break more than ya though. Still I'd love to see a comeback and have you show us how its done again. :D Heck, thinking back, I only got into this and ever learned about Win2K, older cats and altered test orders from your AXP/9500 Pro runs...good times. :beer:

9500, I blew up a few of those :)

macci was my inspiration, did you notice he has a new 01 published with a normal Nature & interesting description.

Yeah the ol bastid. 650 for those clocks is still pretty damn high. Most I've gotten is around 635 at 700/800...I wonder if those extra 10MHz on the ram can really do that much. As for his "special tweaks" I'm sure I'd be past 80k np if I knew them. :( Renaming it isn't doing it, it seems like AFR gets forced just by having Cat AI Off...what the hell he did in his FX60 run is still anyone's guess. I wonder if he's using a different chipset from us this time...hmmm....;)

Hmm thats tempting but I'm not gonna go for it until the DFI board shows up ;)

Yeah just my ES Joe, maybe pelted cards, not sure.

Compared to other GPU setups at similar CPU speeds, you can tell that that is one very optimized score. :) :thup:

HousERaT said:
Excellent work. Number 1 in the world with X850 Crossfire cards. :thup:
Yea, but need 5k more for overall x850 record which mikeguava has. so there is some work to do.
As far as an optimised score, im not sure. You (gautam) and i worked the AI setting over AIM, but the system itself is far from optimised, and the cards ram timmings wernt even touched. I'll save that for later in the week.

Back