• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Overclockers Forum Newegg Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
His point (that I missed too) was that the processing took longer... so regardless of the shipping method, 'egg didnt process the order from the Cali warehouse as fast as the other one...(at least I think I understand now!! haha!).

Exactly earth. That was my concern but as of 2:06am both orders have shipped. I should be getting my LCD/Stacker case tomorrow and the rest on thursday.

Now all i need is my DAMN CLARKDALE :)

Has anyone done a newegg order lately by check. I fedexed a check to them and tracking says they got it on the 26th of last month. What the hell happen too the newegg we all knew and loved. I am very seriously thinking of finding a new vendor. I love neweggs website but they are getting way too slow.

Has anyone done a newegg order lately by check. I fedexed a check to them and tracking says they got it on the 26th of last month. What the hell happen too the newegg we all knew and loved. I am very seriously thinking of finding a new vendor. I love neweggs website but they are getting way too slow.

Personal checks take 10 business days to clear from most vendors and it also depends when Newegg depositied it. It's routine.

Code:
FAQ Search Results
Keywords: "Personal check" (6 Matches) 

What payment methods does NeweggBusiness accept?

Visa 
MasterCard 
Discover Network 
American Express 
Newegg Gift Card 
Net Term (from invoice date) 
Pre-paid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order (Note: All Prepaid Orders, including Cashier's Checks, take longer to process because they must first be cleared with the bank)

Ive done this before at least a dozen times. This is by far the longest its taken. I called newegg they confirmed they did receive my check so that's good.

Well its been 10 business days now. Still no parts. The money has been pulled from the bank account. Now I'm $6500.00 down and no parts. I would just do a stop check and order from someone else but the money is already gone so don't think that's on option. Newegg tells me if I send them a front and back copy of the cleared check then they will see what they can do. What a bunch of BS.

+2 for Newegg Support here on the forums. Had an issue with my new hard drive (samsung). Needed an RMA and didnt want to go with a Samsung again (rather just go WD and spend a bit more), he QUICKLY (Im talking within the hour) issued me a RMA with no restocking fee :D

I've purchased open box drives from newegg in the past and have nothing but wonderful experience. I've purchased 1.5tb Samsung F2 ecogreen drives and 2tb Hitachi 7200rpm drives; they have come open but normally have full warranty, even if they are recertified drives (the samsungs).

This last order was different.

I ordered a 2tb Samsung HD203WI open box drive, and a 1.5tb Seagate ST31500341AS open box drive.

First of all, the Seagate was DOA. As it was a 7200.11 drive, this was not surprising. It was also a recertified drive, which was not mentioned in the original listing. As it's DOA, warranty doesn't matter anyway.

Here's where it gets interesting.

The 2tb Samsung that I purchased, HD203WI SN S1UYJ1RZ523557. Now if you check that SN on Samsungs site for warranty, it has none. Zero. Zilch. Code 103 - Out of Service Area, which being translated is "The product has been brought in from outside of this service region and cannot be serviced. Please contact your reseller or distributor".

Needless to say I have contacted newegg and will get a full refund for both drives. But I have never, ever seen anything like this. Should the drive have never been sold in the US then?

Order 64350135

NewEgg is doing this to me also. Paid by check. Check cashed on Aug 12, 2010. Aug 13 NewEgg claims an error posted on the transaction. Aug 16 sent a copy of cancelled check. NewEgg says call back in two days. Cant NewEgg ask their own bank what it does with the money? And why the error? NewEgg order #39654459
BTW did anyone from newegg respond?

I hate to say it, but newegg isn't what they used to be. Getting anything done by check takes soooooo sooo long. I can't even get a newegg representative, or I mean, someone I can call their direct number that takes care of all my needs.

Hyperasus, they provide their direct number all the time to members on the forums. If you can't get ahold of good support person at newegg, you are doing something wrong from what I've observed of their support here.

As for paying by check, I can't speak to that but I could see it being a pain. :-/

Hyperasus, they provide their direct number all the time to members on the forums. If you can't get ahold of good support person at newegg, you are doing something wrong from what I've observed of their support here.

As for paying by check, I can't speak to that but I could see it being a pain. :-/

I guess the missing direct support number, or response on this forum is my fault? How does one ask for a "good support person". Better how does one know?
How NewEgg process's ( or fails to process ) the check is a problem.
Sending a copy of cancelled check to the support person, and then the standard response is wait (days, not hours ) while the other dept figures it out. After the wait expires, still no response.

A large percentage of fraudulent payments are made with personal checks. If you must pay with a personal check, and you're not standing there at a store counter with a driver's license in hand so they can track you down if the check bounces, then you shouldn't expect any kind of convenience. Is it really that hard to get a Visa or MC debit card from your bank?

I guess the missing direct support number, or response on this forum is my fault? How does one ask for a "good support person". Better how does one know?
How NewEgg process's ( or fails to process ) the check is a problem.
Sending a copy of cancelled check to the support person, and then the standard response is wait (days, not hours ) while the other dept figures it out. After the wait expires, still no response.

No I didn't say it was your fault, however your caustic attitude is your fault. Let's drop the sarcastic overtones?

If you would take a pause and look at all, you'd find newegg support's last post on the forum, right here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6569054#post6569054

In that post is good contact info provided directly to a forum member here. Give them a call - you can grow old sitting around waiting for someone else to fix your problems, but sometimes all it takes is doing a little bit to help yourself and before you know it you are getting somewhere. I haven't heard any complaints from our members who have called the numbers provided on the forums.

Next time don't use a mid-evil payment method in a digital age, and all of the problems you are having could be avoided.

I have bought a few things from Newegg since they started shipping to Canada and I half to say they have been first class.

Good Prices, No Brokers fees! Way to go!

+1 for our Newegg rep again. Did me right just like always. Neweggs practices are starting to **** me off but the support we get from our rep here is OUTSTANDING!

the support we get from our rep here is OUTSTANDING!

I'll second that........

I was getting the run around from Newegg on a seemingly simple and straight forward matter for some time. :mad:

Today, before i lost my marbles i contacted our Overclockers.com Newegg Support Rep and am happy to report in less than five (5) hours the problem was rectified. :thup:

:beer: for our Support Rep.

Back