• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh yea ---- With the cold plate action- Copper or silver? Cusil is not an option-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Bomb

Registered
Oh yea ---- With the cold plate action- Copper or silver? Cusil is not an option-

I heard something about copper being better than silver if it's 3/4 of an inch thick-- is this true? I know silver is a better conductor-- but....
Is there another option? I'd prefer Cusil but the people that make it gave me an estemant of like $1400 for a 1mm thick and 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch flake------- I' mean I could almost make a rival computer with that much money--

A-Bomb (Jun 01, 2001 01:03 a.m.):
I heard something about copper being better than silver if it's 3/4 of an inch thick-- is this true? I know silver is a better conductor-- but....
Is there another option? I'd prefer Cusil but the people that make it gave me an estemant of like $1400 for a 1mm thick and 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch flake------- I' mean I could almost make a rival computer with that much money--

Also where can I get all of the above for a variety of thickness and do the spacer plates(not cold plate, but the T-bird cut outs) help at all for transfering heat or do they actually pose a threat of highsiding the whole rig?
A-Bomb

A-Bomb (Jun 01, 2001 01:03 a.m.):
THAT IS A RIP OFF.....
i`ve got mine made for about US$100.
look someware else.
cusil is suppose to be cheaper their then in AUS.

GOD...

money--[/quote]
THAT IS A RIP OFF.....
i`ve got mine made for about US$100.
look someware else.
cusil is suppose to be cheaper their then in AUS.

GOD...[/quote]

O.K where did you get your piece of cusil and how big was it???
A-Bomb

Back