• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Over Clocking *New to OC*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is the socket sensor? Does it have to do with my new CPU cooler? I had a tough time getting it put in last night. Idk if I have it in right or not it sits side ways like _
I was wanting it to go up and down like |
Do you get what im saying with the _ & |

So, you're saying that you wanted the cooler to exhaust towards the back of the case, instead of the top? I have mine exhausting towards the rear, as it works best for my case and setup.

Here maybe the picture would help out lol I feel stupid the way I just said that. But yea I want it to exaust to to the back instead of up. But like I said I tried to get it to go towards back but wouldnt sit right for me

download (4).jpg

The bolt pattern of the AMD socket is rectangular rather than square somost coolers will only mount facing one way and that one way will be determined by how thw cooler base and mounting hardware are made. If I had nown that your case fan ws on tbe side that it is I would have suggested a different coolet. Ideally, the backside of the cooler should be facing an exhust fan. If 64c is actually the socket temp, that is a cocern. I would suggest placing a spot fan to blow directly on the socket area. I would also suggest checking that temp with the monitoring software that came with the motherboard.

Sorry for the typos. I'm typing this on a 4" tablet.

That cooler will mount vertically, though it is a little tricky. If you take the cooler back off, and remove the fan, you can put the "X" bracket in between the heat pipes, like I tried to depict below;

|||
X
|||
as opposed to
| |
--X--
| |

Sorry if that doesn't show up. The first one is with the bracket lined up with the cooler, and the second one is how you have your cooler mounted. A screwdriver will fit in the grooves on the fins of the cooler just enough to be able to get to the bolts.

Also, if you can't get that to work, I would put the fan on the other side, so it's pulling air up and exhausting it into the PSU. The way you have it now is probably choking the fan, because the PSU fan is trying to pull air away from it.

But his core temps are very good. What he needs is circulation over the VRMs and mosfets.

Well what I can do is leave the fan on the cooler there and put my other fan on the bottom so that I would have two fans running on the cooler. But I will try to make it how u had explained. It was very hard last night to get it on and taking eveything out so that I could fit it on was a hastle but I will try it right now
Trent what is circulation over the VRMs and mosfets. Idk what that is. is it just the cooler needs to breathe? is it in atight space the way that I have it?

Okay so I finally got it to up right instead of side ways, also added another 120mm fan to the other side so now I have two fans on the CPU cooler. Im gonna go ahead and do another stress test and I will report back with what I get. Wish me luck :)

trents, what do you make of his CPUTIN readings? I mean, it's reading 0 for current on both shots, so what's to say that the reading of 64 is accurate?

New Stress

Okay here is the new stress test. I've noticed that my CPUTIN will be at 0 then would kick to 64 and stay at 64 for a bit and then drop back to 0. I don't know what its for or the cause of it to jump like that.

New Stress.PNG

New Stress 2.PNG

CPUTIN is the temperature of the motherboard CPU socket area. The current CPUTIN reading should not be zero unless you were running the computer in a frozen meat locker. It makes me wonder if the max temp is accurate at all. The mosfets and VRMs (Voltage Regulation Module) are the power control circuit components for the CPU. The are located between the CPU socket area and the rear edge of the motherboard where all the I/O ports are, like audio, usb, video, etc. Slightly more expensive boards have a heat sink over these components to help keep them cool but a spot fan can directed to blow on the area can really help too.

Attachments

• VRM.JPG
    VRM.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
ok let me update to 1.20 and do the stress again and see if any change is made. I'll report back in about 30 Mins or so

here is the new stress test, I don't know if its better or not. I installed the V1.20 and it showed the CPUTIN at 46 instead of 0.
New Stress.PNG

Back