• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800-Dlx revision #

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On my brother P4P800 deluxe I put together this weekend it say rev 2.0 on the board but in cpu-z it say rev 1.xx. I'm not sure which is the correct revision to go by. Anyone else come across this. Check your board and then check cpu-z.

If you took the ICH5R root it would have been faster but you would need to adapt your current hard drive to SATA.

how do you adapt an ide to sata?? is there a thread that explains this? didnt know it was possible. im thinkin about gettin a 10000 rpm raptor

It's a cable.

Those Raptors are fast but there also expensive but I question the reliability. So far the only ones that havent' broke yet is the liquide bearing type.

it seems like revision 2.xx mobo didn't have tiny LED near AGP slot and the are using differrent kind of NB heatsink. also, i found that there are several caps and mosfets missing in revision 2.xx (between printer port and cpu socket) compared to revision 1.xx.

*edit* wrong spelling.. suppose to be kind not king sorry.

Last edited:
so if i want my ide hdd to be sata i just need to get a sata cable???? will i notice any speed increases if i switch from raid to sata? need more info :D

my board does have a led near the bottom of the board when the psu is on. ill check the revision when i get home.

To be specific its a IDE to SATA adapter thing. I've never seen these before but the Raptors use them.

The SATA cables are faster. I think it was 150MB transfer rate.

ill have to look for one of those ide to sata adapters. anything to increase speed is good.

i looked on my mobo for the revision and its 1.02

the number was located between the pci slots

lemon said:
The revision 1.xx has red colored LED just under the AGP slot.

mine is green, so its revision 2? but cpu-z says revision... bugs?
anyway.. its good to be back :)

I have a rev 1.02 and I am going to rma it pretty soon. When running dual memory my games crash and make the rig pretty unstable. I´ve heard that ppl have had some problems with this early revisions, but then again, this probobly don´t have anything certain to do with the revision of the board :)

I have a revision 2.0 deluxe board, what is the best bios for it??

I would search, but, ehm...

also where does one get hacked bioses, and what are the pitfalls if any on using them

I like the 1014 bios.good overclocker/stable.you can prolly google search for hacked bios's.I have beent to sites that have em but cant remember them off hand.sorry

Im going to get a P4P800 this summer, whats the newest revision?
or maybe ill just say "F*&^ It" and spring for the 875 chipset... thoughts?

875 uses full pat... so i guess its better but both mobo's has ups and downs... :)

Back