• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pls Help, running into a wall with only mild FSB OC, Core 2 Duo E6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Doitforthegals

Registered
Hello, Is this the correct forum section for this?

First time OC'er here. I seem to have hit a wall sadly at a pitiful FSB of only 285 up from the stock 266 setting. I'm currently running a 285FSB with no issues@ 2.0ghz on both cores. Trouble is thats all i can get so far.

Settings ATM are:

FSB 285
Multi 7x
DDR set to 800mhz
Mem voltage 1.9v from 1.8 stock
Cpu 1.3375v
Fan control disabled

Now if i up the FSB just a little all i get is a restart with the fan changing speed and a black screen with nothing else. In order to post again i have to switch off the PSU and then press the button to discharge the capacitors then turn the PSU back on and away i go to BIOS again. I've tried upping cpu and mem voltages which still does not boot.... even tried lowering ram to 667mhz, nothing. Most stable is current setting but it's not much of a OC, merely 20mhz.

I'm using updated BIOS 0705 on a Asus P5B-V

Any sugestions? All i want is a max OC of 2.4-2.5Ghz on stock cooling.

cpuz10cc.png
cpuz22ao.png

Thanks in advance.

E6300, stock cooling
Kingston DDR2 800 1x 1GB single channel for now.
Asus P5B-V
Antec Truepower Trio 550W PSU, 3x18A rails

Lower memory divider, increase memory votlage to 2.0v-2.1v. Increase northbridge to 1.45v, set votlage termination to 1.3, manually set vcore.

What are your temps by the way?

In northbridge chipest configuartion makes sure that memory remap is disabled.

Well i found out today that my OC is limited duo to my intergrated g965, only allows for a 10% OC and no more, should have known better. OC'ers stay away from Asus P5B-v, onboard video limits OC. :(

Last edited:
Back