• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pre-Bios Boot Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeonCancerCandy

So i've been randomly having this issue for the past 2-3 weeks now.
only happens if i shut down the computer (not sleep or restart).

so one of three things happens:

1.)
-push power button
-fans start up, everything lights up
-screen stays black
-after about 5 seconds the computer turns off

2.)
-push power button
-fans start up, everything lights up
-screen stays black
-stays like this forever until i hard restart it

3.)
-starts just fine

specs are on my sig...
all my ram is seated properly, also my GPU.

no idea what would cause this.

Either try assembling the board outside the case, or disconnect and remove everything non-essential for a successful POST.

well see, about 50% of the time it starts just fine with no issues.
then 40% of the time i have to hard restart it and then it boots
and 10% of the time i have to hard restart it more than once before it boots.

JUST had a black screen from sleep. (in sleep, hit space to awaken, tower turns on, screen stays blank) << first time that's happened.
^^ that sorta makes me think it's my video card (HDMI)

hard restart and turns on fine as if it's awakening from sleep instead of being turned on.
big "wtf?" moment. (went through bios and loading windows screens then back to what i was doing before sleep)

before i turned it back on again i had made sure that the GPU was seated correctly in the pci slot as well as all my ram (they were).

Ive been fighting with this thing since I put it in my old Sonata the other day.. Could not save a thing to bios (both of them), had to boot with defaults.. Took it out of my case and threw it on a box, replaced the bios battery and this thing is as good as new heheh. Hopefully you have the same luck :thup:

Back