• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: OptPrime Rev. 2.00 "By the books" - Update 11.01.04

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
look at all your 733t ascii drawings j.... you amaze me lol.
I am going to dig around and see if i can find some one to exploit with a drill press. That would be worth trying first for sure cause if i screw it up or i dont like it then i can just cut out the square or circle hole that I was orignally going to do.

that is why i love having a grandpa with a 20' by 20' shed and my dad with a 14' by 14' shed both full of tools... MODDERS HEAVEN!!!!

Welli am posting this from the new rig... A64 and everything. The good news is the lcd screen was fine all it needed was a driver running behind it.

So everything seems alright running at stock speeds. I got a rev 1.1 so supposedly this thing has a pci/agp lock but i guess i will find out this weekend as i started clocking the crap out of it. On a side note this board acted all wierd at first when i got it. It kept acting possesed and stuff. but now it seems to be cool. Not quite sure if i will be keeping it or returning it for the msi. I think i am going to push it a little and break it in first before i make that decision.

Sad thing is one of my ccfl randomly died tonite while i was working on it. Really I have no idea how it happened. I will have to contact frozen cpu about it. It looks like the bulk of the work on this thing is done. However I will be continuing this project into next week. I want to cut the front lower door so that I can get some more airflow up there. I would still like to airscoop the vid card. And I need to do some serious overclocking and some design work in lcdc so the lcd screen does neet things that match with my mod. And i need to wait for some more sleaving to come in so i can sleeve some random wires that are hear and there, that stupid vantec kit had just under the amount that i needed.

Well I wish i had some pix for tou but my camera batteries died. I will get some more tomorow and get some pix up for all to see.I am also going to be taking pix for that magazine article... so then that preassure will be over and i get get the real nit picky stuff done. Expect this to go until next week or so with updates about every other day. There is still going to be some neat stuff comming so stick around.

OH AND BTW... DO NOT BUY A 90NM 939 PIN CHIP RIGHT NOW. The only reason that I was able to get this working is i had a friend that worx at a pc shop, and they had a 130nm chip sitting around that i could use for a second so i could flash my bios. My recomendation is to wait at least 2 more weeks to let the motherboard situation chill out a bit. ;)

hey opti, did you actually sleve the ribbon cable for your 2z plat? what did you sleeve it with?

vantec sleaving kit. i used one of the bigger parts of the sleaving. i will post a pic when i get home tonite for ya.

alright folks it has been a busy weekend. I was lucky enough to have both nforce-3 and k8t800pro chipset motherboards in front of me for testing this whole last weekend. All i have to say is the nforce3 is far superior for overclocking purposes.

So i am now running the 3000+ at 2.4GHZ... so that is a 600mhz overclock from stock. I am quite happy with that and I think this is where I will stop. I don't need to break any speed barriers or speed records. But this is good i think. So i basically got an fx for about 200 bux. which works great imho. So I will post some benchies and whatnot later tonite along with some pix of the case 90% finished. I have to take pictures for the chinese modding magazine that wants to publish this case in their mag. And then i am going to tear it apart and do some more work on it.

There are just some nit picky things that i need to do like sound dampening some more lighting and things like that. I have to put the airscoop thing on hold for now but that is one of the things i get to later.

Check back for some updated picuters tonite.

wow good job on the whole thing and i am glad that you got your mobo and cpu although i am not an amd fan i do think they got some good stuff going for them...

for my man gongo... there you can see my sleeved audigy cable... all i did was cut the cable with an exacto knife and then tore it with my hands leaving the insulation intact.

l10.JPG

updates as promised

Ok Ok update time just as i promised... I cut the front lower door to allow more airflow cause with the door closed it was horrible. The front alluminum is 1/8 inch thick so it was a ton of fun to cut as you could imagine. A word to the wise.... get a comfortable chair. One thing that made it easier is that I had some of the enlarged cutting discs from mnpctech.com... they worked great. Some how I only used one disc cutting the front door.

Before I get to the pictures I want to show off my firends car. He will be jumping up and down when he sees this. I think he's kinda pumped about the car... and he should be for a ricer, and being under 16g's it is flossin!
l01.JPG

On to the really important stuff...
l08.JPG

I cut the hole with a dremel... and it wasnt easy. the thing got super hot while cutting. I attached the mesh on the door again with my best friend through this mod, two sided foam servo tape. I put some rubber grommets down where the fan grill attaches to the case to stop the air reverberation. It didnt quite help so i think i will be cleaning this up and ataching it to the mesh.

l07.JPG

finished product... I think it looks great and it really helps the airflow situation.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Shotz!!!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Aight these shots are just to show off a little. There are the kinda shots that I will be sending to the magazine guy. Again I will still be doing some work to the case after today... just slowing it down a little

Motherboard...
l11.JPG

Etching...
l09.JPG

Exterior...
l12.JPG

l06.JPG

l04.JPG

l05.JPG

Pictures speak for themselves.

man that kicks @%%!!!

it is so sweet, i cant beleive how it turned out...but as for the pics i would take one of the right side with the etching from straight on all lit up that would be better than the one that you currently have.

Are you done??? IF so, gezz... im jealous.. finished it so quickly, and it looks drop dead gorgeous. Awesome.... just awesome.

well i am at about 80% or so... I still have some stuff to do but it will be more 1 or 2 updates per week for a while.

damn thats clean, came out better than i expected. the tinted window is great how you can see the inside when the fans/ccfl are on.

Definate thumbs up on the cold cathode mounted on the side, doesn't overwhelm the center anymore being where it's at, I assume you haven't gotten the other one to do the right side yet ? The front looks pretty good, still think holes would've been smooooooth ;) But your mod and you need to be the one happy with it :)

Keep up the awesome work :)

J :cool:

Back