• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: -= t0m's b0x =- [Total System Mod] Pics!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
After I painted my Case's front door (and I did that well :p) I decided to do a whole system mod, with a lotta pics!

Ok, this is my case's front door:
mini-DSCN3611.jpg

- All the sandpapers and the color I bought.

mini-DSCN3612.jpg

- The Victim! after Primer, only needs some sanding.

mini-DSCN3613.jpg

- This is me sanding, damn this picture make me look young ;)

mini-DSCN3614.jpg

- Muhahahahhaa

mini-DSCN3615.jpg

- First coat, not too shabby :)

mini-DSCN3620.jpg

- Closer look, no bubbles, smooth color. lookin' good already!

mini-DSCN3623.jpg

- Dry Dry Dry! this is the final look (the color looks much much better in person tho, I might wanna take another shot with some better light).

Mouse's buttons painting:
Well I just got into this painting thing, I think this looks nice :)

mini-DSCN3624.JPG

- Well the light makes this look bad, but you'll see it's pretty darn smooth.

mini-DSCN3625.JPG

- An another view, still looks fuzzy? I really don't know way!

mini-DSCN3629.jpg

- This is how it looks, see, that thing is SMOOTH! :D

This is it for today folks :)
Hope I'll have the will and the power to finish this all the way (I need spiritual support :p)

Suma.

mtb856 said:
Nice job :clap:

I think you should find some white cold cathodes and led's so you get a red, white, and blue look... I think that would look pretty sweet with that paint job.

Well I thought about white or blue. Do you think white will be nicer? I mean really, that's alot of blue if I'll use a blue cathode. I guess you're right then :)

Red, White, Blue - Proud to be an American :p

Suma.

Looks great so far, I like the color scheme. You'd think that it would have been done a million times, but its actually the first red, white & blue case I've seen.

Radical said:
Looks great so far, I like the color scheme. You'd think that it would have been done a million times, but its actually the first red, white & blue case I've seen.

Yea that's sounds odd. :)
I hope it'll come out nice and clean!

Suma.

OK, another update. This time it's my RAD hehe.
To match the rest of the color theme I needed to paint my black old radiator blue/red. Since I have this nice red paint I chose red :p
Just for reference this is my old rad:
DSCN2972.JPG

mini-DSCN3633.jpg

- Well This is the old boy after the first coat, not too shabby :)

mini-DSCN3634.jpg

- A little closer...

mini-DSCN3635.jpg

- Yummmmi! :D

Now I'm waiting for it to dry!
Suma.

little OT, if you want filling to be easier you can move your t-line to the pump's inlet area. where it's at you have to tilt the whole case around to get the water to flow to the inlet.

like the project :)

Thanks crimedog, I'll have that in mind...
Also I'm really thinking about changing the pump's layout.
What do you think will do better, this:
pumpfit-1.jpg

Or the old way? (see pic @ the top)

Suma.

crimedog said:
Hmmm I think in between would be best (tilted upwards.) You could shorten the cpu outlet tubes a lot then.

Yea, I might wanna do that. :)
Well, I need to drill a hole for the rad anyway before.
And I have this really importent math test tomorrow, so no chance I'm gonna finish it 2day :)

Suma.

Mod looks good so far, although I bet your going to have a ***** of a time filling those lines where you put your t-line. I think you would have a much easier time if you put it in front of the pump intake.

Maximus Faticus said:
Mod looks good so far, although I bet your going to have a ***** of a time filling those lines where you put your t-line. I think you would have a much easier time if you put it in front of the pump intake.

I might wanna do that, altough filling it once in a while for 20 min doesn't seem to bug me that much ;)

Suma.

Why don't you just make a RED Res? It is easy with some PVC and the right Fittings plus it is easier to fill :)

I have directions from a friend if you need them.

Back