• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: -= t0m's b0x =- [Total System Mod] Pics!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you really want attention to detail you could go to the hobby store and pick up som putty to smooth out those edges to make it seamless like a store bought one.

Overall though it looks good.

Maximus Faticus said:
If you really want attention to detail you could go to the hobby store and pick up som putty to smooth out those edges to make it seamless like a store bought one.

Overall though it looks good.

Already sanded dude.
Suma.

Shroud on:
mini-DSCN3757.JPG

mini-DSCN3763.JPG

mini-DSCN3764.JPG

And a little sink for the VTT mosfet.
mini-DSCN3762.JPG

What do you think guys??

Suma.

I love the shroud. What kind of fan will you be putting in there? Panaflo...delta...etc.?? I'm a little confused as to where this "VTT mosfet" sink goes though =\

mini-DSCN3765.JPG

- Rad, Shroud and Fan.

mini-DSCN3766.JPG

- A different angle.

mini-DSCN3771.JPG

- Glued to the case, muhahaha.

mini-DSCN3772.JPG

- There's nothing that Hot-Glue can't fix.

mini-DSCN3775.JPG

- Starting to get shape.

What do you guys think?
Suma.

Interesting idea on the shroud bro. I like it alot. However I must admit. The color of the shroud. Maybe a darker color would look better. The white does contrast very well with the rest of the case. But maybe a darker color would look better.

Its just a thought :thup:

Did I miss something?? How is the shroud held to the rad? I'm guessing the fan is screwed on through the inside of the shroud....

Celeron_Phreak - Hot Glue.
Sentential - I thought of that myself, I might color it red or blue. I'll give it a try, I can always recolor it ;)

Suma.

Already sanded dude.
Suma.

Aye, but it's not seamless. Just offering ways to help.

Another thing I like to use is the rubberized paint. It hides a lot of imperfections, while being a excellent sound and vibration deadener.

I believe IBM uses a rubberized, vinyl type paint on their old thinkpads, like the 770. I used to have a 770 which had paint coming off around the palmrests. I wanted to repaint it, but could never find paint of it's type. If you find anything, I'd be glad to know about it :)

Question: Is it smart to use hot glue to attack the Radiator to the case or is it better to use some good ole screws.

Awsome Mod By the way i am thinking of making one of those wooden shrounds cause i don't have a shround on my radiator. Hope to see more updates soon.

Celeron_Phreak said:
I believe IBM uses a rubberized, vinyl type paint on their old thinkpads, like the 770. I used to have a 770 which had paint coming off around the palmrests. I wanted to repaint it, but could never find paint of it's type. If you find anything, I'd be glad to know about it :)
Most auto stores have the stuff.

The fan on the shroud is blowing in towards the case?? So its takin the hot air from the rad and blowing it into the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong but don't most rads perform better with air blowing through them??

Knivez - It is pulling air from the rad into the case. I get really good temps so I'm happy :)

@ 2400MHz and 1.75vcore I get 37c (room temp is 31c - HOT!)
@ 2200MHz and 1.6vcore I get 33c (same room temp)

Didn't test it with my max (2650MHz) yet.

Suma.

Back