• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: -= t0m's b0x =- [Total System Mod] Pics!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok doky, I'm back in action :p
After I did all the painting, I had to get hardcore and to make this rad intake hole.
I had to buy a new Dremel (Hyundai made), really cool with this kit all for $50. nice deal.

mini-DSCN3723.jpg

mini-DSCN3724.jpg

- This is the baby

mini-DSCN3726.jpg

- hole done, trying to fit the rad to see if it came right, and it did :)

Well, now I needto build a nice shourd and to find a good way to fit it, I was thinking about hot gluing it to the case.

Suma.

mils128 said:
Why don't you just make a RED Res? It is easy with some PVC and the right Fittings plus it is easier to fill :)

I have directions from a friend if you need them.

Nah, I'll pass. I like the T-Line.
Thanks anyway.
Suma.

Need a little help here.
I made a new cardboard shroud, and in 1 word it came out CRAPPY!
even with first coat of paint, here look for yourself:
mini-DSCN3729.jpg

- Well this pic doesn't show the big bomb, look @ the 2nd one!

mini-DSCN3730.jpg

- Damn, this is ugly :p

I need a new suggestion, how to make it nice.
What kind of matterial do you suggest?

Thanks,
Suma.

ya i would say the shroud needs some work... I would suggest maybe some lexan... that stuff is easy to crease. or obviously a 1mm thick alluminum sheet and a rubber hammer would do the trick... look at fushyuguru's lian li in the sticky section. What i am reffering to is his angled rad mounting. you could do something like that.

Well, cardboard sux, that's a fact.
I really don't know where to get a nice sheet of aluminum here, that can be difficult.
Plexi is an option.

Well, I'll try to see if I can get this lame *** (sry about my language) shroud.

Thanks all anyway.
Suma.

Ok, I got some wood for the job!
I don't have time to take pics not, I'll update later on tonight :)

Suma.

Ooooh, I like it. Especially the color scheme you choose. This is definately a mod I'm going to keep an eye on :)

Wood is good....if you wanted a good sheet of scrap aluminum... there's got to be a metal scrap yard somewhere in your town.... or even better, find a computer store that's dumping their old computer cases, the side panels would be easy to cut and bend into a shroud.

Wood's a lot easier to work with though, especially if you have the tools.

ya i agree it is looking like it will be a nice case when done. r you going to clear coat the front at all?

mtb856 said:
Wood is good....if you wanted a good sheet of scrap aluminum... there's got to be a metal scrap yard somewhere in your town.... or even better, find a computer store that's dumping their old computer cases, the side panels would be easy to cut and bend into a shroud.

Wood's a lot easier to work with though, especially if you have the tools.

Yea wood is nice, the guy where I bought it did me a huge favor and let me use his tools. Was a real fun and I had it cut in 10 minutes.
to do the round 120mm hole I used my Dremel, took a little long, but it came out OK I think. But hey, judge for yourself! (see next post)

Suma.

New wooden shourd (in progress) pics:
mini-DSCN3733.jpg

- I like it :)

mini-DSCN3734.jpg

- I really don't know why the corner looks bumped or somthing, it's perfectly fine ;)

mini-DSCN3735.jpg

- Trying to fit a fan ontop to see if the hole is good. Seems OK to me.

mini-DSCN3736.jpg

- Primered up.

mini-DSCN3737.jpg

- A closer look.

Suma.

Nice toilet ;). Just wondering why you're taking pictures in your bathroom.....Are you painting/primering in there as well? I personally wouldn't think a bathroom would be very ventilated.... =\

Yeah, the last time I really watched a project log like a lion on it's prey was when Fush Zero was in production, so you catching my eye is really something ^_^

About the tiolet, that's the only place I can dry my stuff, I have this little fan in the top corner, and it's nicely ventilated.

I hope you enjoy it. :)
Suma.

Well I wasn't here for the last 3 days, but I'm back.
The shroud looks really good, it dried well:
mini-DSCN3756.jpg

Looks much better than the cardboard IMO.

Suma.

Back