• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometeia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VulgarTheClown

Does anyone know if the Prometeia cooler can be modified to include cooling for GPU/chipset and maby harddrives?

Think its better to have H20 cooling for CPU/GPU/HD/c-set or just a -20 degree 3.5 GHz p4

My dream setup would be a prometeia system cooling the CPU, and chilled watercooling for the rest (GPU,Chipset, RAM)..i dont see why you couldn't rig it to spot cool anything you want, as long as you have some well thought out and properly machined adapters,coldplates, and excellent insulation.

Not sure about the north bridge~vid card etc with vapro phase but this i do know, harddrives dont like to be cold. They either tend to not start up or cause data corruption since the platters change in size to much going hot to cold among other things in the harddrive.

hrm

So for a pro/H20 system should i try to incorperate the prometeia to chill the H20? Is it worth it (as far as overclocking goes) to install the H20 system rather than use fans?

If im using the pro to massivly OC my CPU, should i be trying to OC everything else too?

OK, welcome to the forums, as i responded without looking and seeing you had no stars and didnt say first off. Ok, i think for a video card~north bridge just straight water cooling will be more than enough with the vapor phase just for the cpu. It will be much more simple and should still work really well. Even a small radiator or such will be needed to cool down a video card and a north bridge. And then you can focus all the vapor phase on the cpu. Hope this helps.

mkay

Im wondering if i can use the Prometeia to contain the H20 stuff too... This things gona turn out to be a beast if i have the Pro, the full tower and a top mounted liquid system....

Im planning a 2.8 P4 on maby a p4pe, probably a rad. 9700, 4 120? GB Hd's on RAID 0, 2 optical drives, baybus, front allin1port
with the prometeia on the cpu... so if im going with liquid on the rest its gona be to much i think??? Gona be a monsterous tall thing....

maby ill paint it with flames and mod some chrome exaustpipes to fit on the side of the case... then i can actualy put some 120mm fans blowing out the pipes...

Hmm look into the black ice radiators, they have some that would work good for a vid card~north bridge that are small say 80mm and would fit on exhaust area very well. Maxi-jet 1200 are very small pumps, may need a resivoir though. Hope this helps.

What mobo, memory, CPU should i be holding out for right now? Those components probably wont be purchased for another 3-4 months, maby longer.. im really looking for someplace that can give me a timeline on the release of different cpu/chipsets/memory/mobos so i can figure out whats goinng to be the best platform for OCing at the time im ready to build...

If you're waiting a while anyways, here's what i'd get (if i had the cash)

-Windows XP Professional
-MoBo with an Nvidia nforce2 chipset
-Cpu would be an AMD Athlon 3000+ 333MHZ FSB
-512MB Corsair XMS pc3200 DDR RAM
-Vid Card would have the Nvidia N30 GPU and 128 MB DDRII
-Escalade Serial ATA RAID controller 8500-8
-8 Maxtor 80GB serial ATA HDD's in a RAID 5 array

That would be a killer rig..

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Back