• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about heatsinks and temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj_2004

my cpu is running at 38C on a SLK-900. my case temp is 27C. is my heatsink suppose to be coolish? when i touch it doesnt even feel warm, more like case temp. is this normal or should my heatsink suppose to be hot? because a couple months back it used to burn my hand when it was running at 45C. i reseated my heatsink and re-applied AS5 and its the same. thx for any info/help.

Yes everything is working fine. 38C on the processor is a low temp. In my opinion at least. Your heatsink definately won't be as hot as your processor. 45C is definately not hot enough to burn... most people would consider that warm to the touch. 38C is right above our body temp. The heatsink would be cooler then your body temp. Being made out of metal also helps it feel cool to the touch.

That is a very good cooler and your temp seems about normal .
What fan are you using ?

Did you try loading the cpu instead or prime95 for about an hour? Please report back with your load temp as that is what matter the most.

Back