• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reaper X 4gb 800 as fast as my old 1gb Crucial!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asusrocks

Registered
hey, I just bought some OCZ 2gbx2 800mhz and It only boots at 800mhz 4-4-4-15, but does not boot when i overclock to 1066mhz 5-5-5-15, it states "Overclock Failed!". And I realized that these "Ultra Performance Modules" were closely as fast as my recent 1 gb 1066mhz Crucial Ballistix!??excluding the Size of course. I Figure probably the Size is not related to the Speed...mabe i should of gotten 1066 mhz
Just wondering, What is a tRFC rating? and is it important in getting the maximum performance out of these ram Sticks?

**Oh and i unplugged my 1gb crucial and i stuck in the 2x2gb right away. Is that ok or was i sopposed to increase 1 stick at a time?

much help appreciated thanx

** I Tested My Ram Sticks Before and After My 4gb Upgrade using Everest Ultimate Benchmarks, Someone plz tell me weither its me or is the performance little to no difference at all.

1x1gb Crucial Ballistix 1066 5-5-5-15, 2.2v :

Ram : 1gb 1066mhz
Memory Read: 7551mb/s
Memory Write : 7093
Memory Copy : 5783
Lat : 66.9

2x2gb OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 800mhz 4-4-4-15, 2.1v

Ram :
Memory Read: 6597 mb/s
Memory Write : 7094 mb/s
Memory Copy : 6358 mb/s
Lat : 78.1

It seems like the biggest difference was the Memory Copy, the Read went DOWN, The Write Stayed the same almost, and the Latency went HIGH.

Again, I figured the Bigger the Size, The faster the speed, but I may be wrong.

Setup is in my Sig

Last edited:
Don't use memory only benchmarks, they do show results which might be meaningless. Use more of system performance benches rather than a specific one for memory. You could compare scores from 3dmark, super pi.

yo i got the same memory as you. i succumbed to buying them from teh sxcness of the heatsinks lol.
but they are good. i'm at 850mhz with 4-4-3-10 at the moment 2.2v
to get to 1066mhz, you need to increase the tRFC to 54 i think? there was a thread i started about the timings and why i coudln't get to 1066mhz.

EDIT:
just found your post on my old thread lol.
i actually haven't tried overclcoking it to 1066mhz.
i did once, but i booted and my motherboard said the BIOS crashed or something, so i haven't tried since.

Last edited:
You need to tweak all timings at a given speed before you can compare them fairly. The D9's will go tighter on a lot of the sub-timings and PL. And they will run much faster.

For example...pick a speed, and then tighten down all the timings as much as possible at that speed for each set of RAM. Then run some comparisons. Do this for a few different speeds.

Back