• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reboot loop b450m steel legend + Ryzen 3200g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

This is driving me crazy. My machine is contsantly in a reboot loop.

No post, no audio from speaker since no post. No display just turns on everything boots like normal for a few seconds then restarts and does the same thing over and over.

I have already;

Reseated CPU.
Restead Ram.
Tried all Ram slots.
Removed bios battery.
Removed anything that is not required for the machine to boot.
Tried HDMI via motherboard aswell as GPU.
GPU removed and tried again.
Unplug HDD's same result can't get to BIOS no post at all.
Any other components were used from the PC in my sig which was fully working without issues prior to changing hardware.

Started at 4pm now its 2.22am still can't resolve this issue.

Motherboard has a P2.90 sticker on it which I assume is the Bios version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Bandit.

Did this just happen? It was working before? Have you tried a different motherboard or the CPU in another board?

The sticker, P2.90 sticker is the BIOS version it shipped with. I assume that you updated it since then?

The CPU and motherboard have been in amazon boxes for some months. I have not had a chance to put my machine together since my son has been around during the lockdown period. Other things have come up preventing me putting this together until now.

I don't have another CPU for this motherboard. Essentially the plan was use the 3200g until that 16core cpu dropped in price after sometime. Thats the default BIOS not able to flash since it won't make post, motherboard has no flashback feature. I was thinking since 3200g was already supported if I needed to flash when I get the 16core cpu at least I had something working on the board I could use to flash if a new BIOS was required.

I would imagine if the 3900 is supported on BIOS rev 2.90 that the 3200g should be supported already. Amazon suggesting RMA my concern is I send it back and get another board doing the same. Can't even establish if its a CPU issue since I don't have a spare CPU to test. I was considering buying a cheap CPU to test however even the 200g is $100+ in NZ.
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Steel Legend/#CPU

I'm guessin either you have to send the board to ASRock for a bios update or you will need to buy a cheap, used 1st gen Ryzen off ebay or somewhere in order to flash the bios for the newer APU.

Can you get into bios before it reloops in order to check the bios version? ASRock's website is down right now and I can't check which versions of the bios supported the 3200g.

Edit: ASRock page for that motherboard is back up now. The 3200g was supported since bios v. 2.1. It should work then as it is. Tell us about the RAM you are trying to use. Make, speed, amount.

Last edited:
Na can never get to the BIOS, when I had the speaker plugged in so I can get the post noises I don't even get that.

The ram being used is Kllisre ddr4 ram 16GB 2400Mhz DIMM Desktop Memory.

Don't have any other DD4 ram to try test with however the board has now been sent off.

Most any RAM should work at that low frequency. Yep, my bet is the board has a problem.

Yeah I figured as much. I had a look at what that board handles ram wise and went with what I did, which seemed like a good bet.

I am hoping it is the board, guess I won't know until the new board turns up looking at that arriving around 05/08 - 14/08.

Got the replacement board, exact same issue.

On the box it does say Ryzen 3000 supported. This is driving me nuts. Super annoying not sure what else to do since Amazon have RMA the previous board.

"Ryzen 3000 supported" may mean with a bios update. By a cheap first gen ryzen 1200 off ebay so you can update the bios.

Ok, I managed to resolve the reboot loop problem. Apparently this board reboots a few times for configuration so I have seen on another forum and youtube video. After it rebooted about 8 times it would then just shutdown.

The issue was the off branded Chinese ram. I brought some Kingston ram to boot the machine up and it worked, I then figured the money spent on the chinese ram was wasted but thought I would try my luck. Since it is abit slower than the Kingston ram all ram now running at 2400mhz. Wonder if the board just needed some compatible ram to get it started up which seems kind of odd but it did the trick.

Yes, odd. The China memory must have escaped the factory before testing was finished like the "China virus" did.

lol, I just found it strange that the motherboard would require compatible ram to get a successful boot but then throwing in the Chinese stuff it picked up fine with no problems. I forgot to give that board a try after a successful boot removing the kingston stuff to see if I would get a successful boot or failure.

Back