• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Rig o' the Quarter Goes to BlueZero's Project Wraith

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks Guys!! It is in fact, by all means a Product of this Forum! If I can brand it with an OCF mark, I will !! WOOT !

Congrats BZ and yes you did get my vote for you, very well put together and everyone liked the Bios! So relax as they say and enjoy your set up there. It would be hard to top that i think with anything else? AJ.

Thanks Guys!! It is in fact, by all means a Product of this Forum! If I can brand it with an OCF mark, I will !! WOOT !

There, now at least your postbit will be branded with your win. :)

My apologies for leaving the "5" off your name, it totally escaped my brain when typing the frontpage & facebook posts.

I read the whole log. and wow.
this rig is not like some other 'hard modifications' that just wow people with exterior cases or over-the-top water cooling. Rather this rig here is an optimisation of everything to a new level. A lot of 'soft modification' to improve what is already there, like the PWM mod, the wind tunnel mod, the BIOS mod, the sound dampening mod, the light change mod, the GPU swap mod. I can't help to wonder how much time was put into this case, especially in keeping it this clean despite all the modifications.. unbelieveable.

I prefer this kind of optimisation over other 'superficial' mods some other forum boosts. This rig here is a show of computer wisdom. well done. :thup:

noob question

what kind of program, or how do I, I dont know...

How did you do that preset setup before the bios like that?

I modded the BIOS there.

the whole concept started with.. "If I can press -DEL- to enter BIOS... I wonder can I program other keys to enter... a different BIOS?"

and then I just cloned the BIOS into a multi-branch, each key loading a different version, and pressing nothing loads default...

being Old School helps. :)

heh. makes since when you think about it. I've been messin with computers for goin on 20 years and I never done anything except -reset- the bios, i never thought of actually modifying it, I always assumed it was hard wired into the chips on the board or something.

I guess with technology these days anything is possible eh? :)

Back