• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sloooooow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mhipp24

Registered
Okay so when I booted up my pc yesterday everything seemed good. But as soon as I went to browse the internet I noticed it was running very slow. I have a cable modem and cable internet service. I decided right away to run spyware checks (microsoft anti-spyware, adaware, spybot s&d, and stompsoft)... No more spyware then I normally get,(normally 1 or 2 entries) so I did a virus scan and no viruses... okay maybe it is my service provider but it is still running slow today... All of my games run fine and have good connections? Why is it slow only when browsing the internet and what can I do to fix it? Could it be my modem (about 2 yrs old)(Surfboard 4100)

Dude, me and a friend are having the same problems, Im glad that someone mentioned it. What ISP are you on? Im on Cox and I tihnk that a lot of people are having troubles :(

I live in Long Island NY... I am with Optimum Online ( aka Cablevision).

I also have cablevision, it seems fine on my side eventhough I'm only getting 4mbps when I usually get 9mbps but it has been like that for a while, at least I'm still within optimum online's limits, try giving cablevision a call.

I was getting about 4.4mbps yesterday but everything was loading very slowly... today i am at only 4.5 mpbs and every thing is fine... weird... :bang head

Back